Bulgaria FM Pledges for W Balkans EU Integration in Munich
Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Nikolay Mladenov has held a string of bilateral meetings at the sides of the 49th Munich Security Conference he is taking part in Saturday.
In particular, Mladenov met his counterparts from Macedonia and Kosovo - Nikola Poposki and Enver Hoxhaj - as well as Montenegro's PM Milo Djukanovic.
The Balkan leaders discussed the situation in the region, including the processes of EU integration of countries from the Western Balkans.
Mladenov and Macedonian top diplomat Poposki also talked about ongoing negotiations for a pact for good neighborly relations.
This comes months after Bulgaria joined Greece in blocking the setting of a start date for EU accession negotiations with Macedonia, which embittered bilateral Bulgarian-Macedonian relations.
"Talks with Macedonia's Foreign Affair Minister were conducted in a constructive spirit," reads an official statement from Bulgaria's Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
At the Munich Security Conference, Mladenov also held bilateral meetings with NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen, Qatar's PM Abdullah bin Khalifa Al Thani, Iraqi FM Hoshyar Zebari and European Defense Agency executive director Claude-France Arnould.
- » Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva will be on a Two-Day Visit to France
- » A European Funding will be Provided for the Construction of the Railway Link Between Bulgaria and Greece
- » President of the House of Representatives of Greece: 'Greece will be Side by Side with Bulgaria During the Presidency of the Council of the EU'
- » Bulgarian PM: 'EU Agreement with Turkey Must be Preserved'
- » Bulgaria and the UK will Continue Their Cooperation to Ensure Security in Europe,
- » Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and European Council President Donald Tusk: 'Western Balkans Are Important for the EU'
in Munish? The first comes to mind: "Munish Agreement, 1938".......
Saturday evening, I'm drunk, sure, but: "Mladenov met his counterparts from...Kosovo -...Enver Hoxhaj". VIVAT! Black is not
Black but White! Thouggh I doubt it. Do You have 10 minutes, people: