Bulgarian Customs Nab EUR 1 M Worth of Heroin, Fake Perfumes
Bulgarian customs officers have detained shipments of heroin and fake perfumes in a single truck, worth over BGN 1 M each.
The illegal goods were transported in a railway container carrying empty glass jars from Turkey to the Netherlands.
Upon an inspection at the Svilengrad checkpoint, officers found discrepancies in accounts about its destination and decided to inspect the container's contents.
They the jar holders were found to be masking the center of the container, where some 30,000 packages of fake world famous perfume brands were found.
In addition, officers uncovered 8.5 kg of a white substance that turned out to be heroin.
An investigation has been launched.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 29 Migrants Near Vratsa
- » Bulgaria Parliament ex-Official Faces Renewed Tax Evasion Trial
- » Bulgarian Counter-Intelligence Official Goes to Court for Disclosing 'State Secret'
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 22 Afghan Migrants near Border with Greece
- » Bulgaria Sends Two Polish Citizens to Jail for Drug Trafficking
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 21 Illegal Migrants Near Border with Turkey