Bulgarian Customs Nab EUR 1 M Worth of Heroin, Fake Perfumes
Bulgarian customs officers have detained shipments of heroin and fake perfumes in a single truck, worth over BGN 1 M each.
The illegal goods were transported in a railway container carrying empty glass jars from Turkey to the Netherlands.
Upon an inspection at the Svilengrad checkpoint, officers found discrepancies in accounts about its destination and decided to inspect the container's contents.
They the jar holders were found to be masking the center of the container, where some 30,000 packages of fake world famous perfume brands were found.
In addition, officers uncovered 8.5 kg of a white substance that turned out to be heroin.
An investigation has been launched.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA