Bulgarian Customs Nab EUR 1 M Worth of Heroin, Fake Perfumes
Bulgarian customs officers have detained shipments of heroin and fake perfumes in a single truck, worth over BGN 1 M each.
The illegal goods were transported in a railway container carrying empty glass jars from Turkey to the Netherlands.
Upon an inspection at the Svilengrad checkpoint, officers found discrepancies in accounts about its destination and decided to inspect the container's contents.
They the jar holders were found to be masking the center of the container, where some 30,000 packages of fake world famous perfume brands were found.
In addition, officers uncovered 8.5 kg of a white substance that turned out to be heroin.
An investigation has been launched.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent