Bulgarian Customs Nab EUR 1 M Worth of Heroin, Fake Perfumes
Bulgarian customs officers have detained shipments of heroin and fake perfumes in a single truck, worth over BGN 1 M each.
The illegal goods were transported in a railway container carrying empty glass jars from Turkey to the Netherlands.
Upon an inspection at the Svilengrad checkpoint, officers found discrepancies in accounts about its destination and decided to inspect the container's contents.
They the jar holders were found to be masking the center of the container, where some 30,000 packages of fake world famous perfume brands were found.
In addition, officers uncovered 8.5 kg of a white substance that turned out to be heroin.
An investigation has been launched.
- » KTB Accountants Released on Recognizance
- » Police Working on Two Versions for Botevgrad's Businessman Murder
- » Businessman Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Botevgrad
- » KTB's CEO, Chief Accountant Interrogated Again in Embezzlement Probe
- » Milan Court Upholds 20-Year Jail Term for Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord
- » Varna Regional Mayor Released on Bail