Bulgarian Priest: Meeting PM Borisov Is Like Meeting God
A high-ranking priest of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church has contributed to a long list of embarrassing laudations for Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov.
Meeting Borisov during the PM's visit to northeastern Bulgarian city of Razgrad, the chief Christian priest of the city Georgi Georgiev suggested that the event could be likened to meeting God.
"Today is the feast of the Presentation of Jesus - on the day of the meeting with our Lord we are meeting Your Grace," was father Georgi's address to Borisov.
Saturday Orthodox Christians in Bulgaria are celebrating one of the 12 great feasts, the Presentation of Jesus at the Temple.
Known also as Candlemass, and the Meeting of the Lord, the feast marks the day Joseph and Mary brought the Child Jesus to the Temple in Jerusalem 40 days after his birth to perform the ritual purification of Virgin Mary.
Saturday Borisov was in Razgrad to unveil completed renovation at the local hospital, as well as completed repair work on the road to nearby town of Omurtag.
- » Damage after Harmanli Riots Reaches BGN 0.1 M
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Sofia's 1st Living Christmas Tree to Be Lit Up on Thursday
- » Bulgarian MPs Vote to Oblige Telecoms to Give Data on Missing Persons
- » Bulgarian MPs Keep Health Insurance Contribution at 8%
- » Theodore Ushev's Animation with Chance for Oscar Nominations 2017