Missing German Girl Found in NE Bulgaria
A German teenage girl who had gone missing has been found in the northeastern Bulgarian Targovishte region, announced local police.
The 15-year-old's parents, who live in Germany, had alerted German authorities on January 7, after which a SIRENE (Schengen information system) signal was issued.
Bulgarian police from the Targovishte region town of Omurtag have discovered the girl in a local village.
They have informed the SIRENE office and the teenager's parents.
No information has been released on what has brought the girl to a remote village in northeastern Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich
- » SE Europe's Largest Observatory Facing Closure over Lack of Funding
- » Varna to Host 11th World Animated Film Festival
- » Bulgaria Gov't Mulls Changing Falcon Plane after Failure
- » Gov't Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival