Missing German Girl Found in NE Bulgaria
A German teenage girl who had gone missing has been found in the northeastern Bulgarian Targovishte region, announced local police.
The 15-year-old's parents, who live in Germany, had alerted German authorities on January 7, after which a SIRENE (Schengen information system) signal was issued.
Bulgarian police from the Targovishte region town of Omurtag have discovered the girl in a local village.
They have informed the SIRENE office and the teenager's parents.
No information has been released on what has brought the girl to a remote village in northeastern Bulgaria.
- » Stem Cell Transplantation Centre Opens in Varna
- » Meteorologists Warn Of Heavy Snowfall Before New Year
- » Additional Train, Bus Services Provided over Chrismas Holidays
- » Immigrants Storming Turkey-Bulgaria Border Forces Checkpoint Closure
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria