Missing German Girl Found in NE Bulgaria
A German teenage girl who had gone missing has been found in the northeastern Bulgarian Targovishte region, announced local police.
The 15-year-old's parents, who live in Germany, had alerted German authorities on January 7, after which a SIRENE (Schengen information system) signal was issued.
Bulgarian police from the Targovishte region town of Omurtag have discovered the girl in a local village.
They have informed the SIRENE office and the teenager's parents.
No information has been released on what has brought the girl to a remote village in northeastern Bulgaria.
- » Up to 15 Feared Dead in Wednesday Blast at Bulgarian Explosives Plant
- » Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria Cuts Off Power Supply to 2 Hydropower Plants
- » Fire Safety Service Holds Emergency Meeting over Blast at Explosives Factory in NW Bulgaria
- » Blast at Explosives Plant in NW Bulgaria Leaves at least 2 Injured, over 10 Feared Dead
- » 600 Thousand Bulgarians Suffer from Diabetes – Expert
- » Donations in Bulgaria Hit Record Low in 2013