Chavez Successfully Finished Postoperative Treatment
Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez has successfully passed his postoperative treatment an his recovery from cancer is doing well.
This was revealed by VP Nicolas Maduro Moros, who said that Chavez has entered into a new phase of his treatment and is "gathering strength."
Maduro added that the Presdent has met in Havana Venezuela Parliament Speaker Diosdado Cabello and Minister of Defense Diego Molero.
Due to a relapse of his cancer, Chavez was not able to swear in for his 4th consecutive term in office in January 10.
This has sent Venezuela in a constitutional conundrum and embittered divisions between his supporters and the opposition.
Eventually, the Parliament and Supreme Court of Venezuela decided that the oath can be indefinitely postponed due to the circumstances.
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria
- » Northern Irish Deputy First Minister Calls for Poll on Unification with Ireland
- » IntMin: Migrant Pressure on Bulgaria Has Decreased This Year
- » Scotland Plans Second Independence Referendum After UK Votes for Brexit
- » EU Must Focus on Pillars of Unity after UK’s Leave Vote, Thorbjorn Jagland Says