Soviet Army Monument in Bulgaria's Sofia 'Decorated' Again
The controversial monument of the Soviet Army in the downtown of the Bulgarian capital Sofia has been colored once again.
On Friday, the Sofia's Soviet Army Monument had the faces of some of the Red Army soldier figures painted in white, green, and red, the colors of the Bulgarian national flag. Another part of the monument, part of an engine, has been colored the same way.
The "decorators" remain unknown for the time being, and it is unclear exactly when the "decoration" was carried out
The most famous "decoration" of the monument so far happened in June 2011when a group of street artists painted the bronze figures of Soviet soldiers to represent various US pop culture characters, turning them into The Joker, Wolverine, Santa, Superman, Ronald McDonald, Captain America, Robin, and Wonder Woman, among others.
In August 2012, colorful hoods of the soldiers of the monument of the Soviet Army in downtown Sofia were painted in sign of support for the female Russian punk group Pussy Riot, who are facing trial over "anti-Putin" acts.
- » Two People Dead, One’s Life in Danger After Road Accidents in the Past Day
- » Until 17:00h on April 27, Transit Through the Vitinya Tunnel on Hemus Motorway Is Stopped
- » ‘Cats’ Musical To Be Staged at Sofia’s NDK
- » 35% of Bulgarian Population Living in Poverty
- » Bulgaria Displays Ancient Treasures In Cooperation With Other European Countries
- » It Is Saint Thomas Sunday