US Confirms Ankara Embassy Blast Was Terrorist Attack
The US State Department has confirmed that a terror attack occurred just outside the US Embassy in Ankara, Turkey.
Officials in Ankara say a suspected suicide bomber detonated an explosive device killing himself and one other person, identified by US Ambassador Francis Ricciardione as an embassy guard.
US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland says the explosion occurred on the perimeter of the embassy.
"We can confirm a terrorist blast at a checkpoint on the perimeter of our embassy compound in Ankara, Turkey, at 1:13 p.m. local time, or 6:15 a.m. EST," Nuland said.
"We are working closely with the Turkish national police to make a full assessment of the damage and the casualties, and to begin an investigation," her statement added.
- » Russia Limits Alcohol Sales during the World Cup
- » 17 Turkish Officials have Requested Political Asylum in Greece
- » Kazakhstan Moves from Cyrillic to Latin
- » The End of the Free Wikipedia Zero for Third World
- » Children in Missouri Selling Tickets for a Raffle Prize - an Automatic AR-15
- » Over 70 Civilians were Killed in Air Strikes in Syria