Sofia City Hall Introduces New Subway Parking Fees
Sofia residents and visitors can now use the subway parking lots free of charge with a personalized public transportation card.
The free period applies for the metro business hours – from 5 am until midnight. During the night, the fee is BGN 0.5 per hour.
The offer is effective already and applies to holders of personalized monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual cards. One vehicle per card is allowed.
Other public transportation cards or metro fare tickets allow free parking for up to two hours, while the fee for every additional hour is BGN 0.5. People without cards or tickets can park for up to one hour free of charge.
In order to benefit from the new rules, passengers must present their fare tickets or cards at the subway stations ticket counters. They can also use a combined parking-fare service for BGN 2, which provides a two way ticket and 2-hour parking.
Parking and fare tickets can be purchased at ticket counters inside the subway stations from 6 am until 10 pm, and at counters at the parking lots on Tsarigradsko Shosse boulevard, Cherni Vrah boulevard, and Lomsko Shosse boulevard from 5 am until 6 am and from 10 pm until 12 am.
Vehicles must leave the parking lot in 20 minutes after paying the parking fee.
The new rules and prices are introduced by the Sofia City Hall to encourage the use of the satellite parking lots for which significant funds have been invested. The City Hall has said on several occasions the lots, which have a total of over 3 000 spaces, are half empty.
- » 5km Long Section of Bulgaria’s Hemus Motorway Opens for Traffic
- » Bulgaria State Energy Cos to Save BGN 20 M This Year - Minister
- » Energy Watchdog Head Refuses to Resign Despite Pressure from Businesses
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes
- » Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions to Renew Protests over New Power Prices in September
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog Head: Employers’ Associations Cater to Corporate Interests