One Reported Dead in Ankara US Embassy Blast
At least one person died Friday, as a blast has struck the second gate of the US embassy in Turkey's capital Ankara , according to state-run news agency Anatolia.
Reports have emerged that the dead person was a suicide bomber.
Dozens of ambulances and firefighters were dispatched to the area. Witnesses said several people were also injured as a result of the blast, Today's Zaman reports.
It was not immediately clear what the cause of the blast was.
According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself.
- » Croatia’s Foreign Minister Vesna Pusic Confirms She Will Run for UN Chief
- » Germany's Merkel 'to Run for 4th Term' in 2017
- » PKK Bombs Railway in Turkey's Kars, Police Kills Three Kurdish Rebels in Agri
- » Immigration is EU Citizens’ Main Concern – Survey
- » EU Extends EUR 91,000 to Help Macedonia Cope with Migrant Tide
- » Beijing to Host Winter Olympic Games in 2022