One Reported Dead in Ankara US Embassy Blast
At least one person died Friday, as a blast has struck the second gate of the US embassy in Turkey's capital Ankara , according to state-run news agency Anatolia.
Reports have emerged that the dead person was a suicide bomber.
Dozens of ambulances and firefighters were dispatched to the area. Witnesses said several people were also injured as a result of the blast, Today's Zaman reports.
It was not immediately clear what the cause of the blast was.
According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself.
- » Gazprom Targets 5% Rise in Gas Exports to Europe in 2015
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zoran Zaev to Visit Bulgaria Friday - SDSM
- » Venezuela Says Agrees with Russia on USD 14 B Investment in Oil/Gas Sector
- » FIFA President Blatter Shows No Intention to Resign as Pressure Builds Up
- » UK Set on Quitting EU if Reforms Are Not Effective
- » Serbian, Albanian PMs Agree to Disagree on Kosovo, Seek Closer Cooperation