One Reported Dead in Ankara US Embassy Blast
At least one person died Friday, as a blast has struck the second gate of the US embassy in Turkey's capital Ankara , according to state-run news agency Anatolia.
Reports have emerged that the dead person was a suicide bomber.
Dozens of ambulances and firefighters were dispatched to the area. Witnesses said several people were also injured as a result of the blast, Today's Zaman reports.
It was not immediately clear what the cause of the blast was.
According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself.
- » 5.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rattles Southern Greece
- » Recep Erdogan Inaugurated As Turkey's President
- » Russia Denies Having Sent Troops To Ukraine
- » Petro Poroshenko: Russia Invades Ukraine
- » Rebels Said to Have Opened New Front in Ukraine with Russian Help
- » Davutoglu Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling AK Party