One Reported Dead in Ankara US Embassy Blast
At least one person died Friday, as a blast has struck the second gate of the US embassy in Turkey's capital Ankara , according to state-run news agency Anatolia.
Reports have emerged that the dead person was a suicide bomber.
Dozens of ambulances and firefighters were dispatched to the area. Witnesses said several people were also injured as a result of the blast, Today's Zaman reports.
It was not immediately clear what the cause of the blast was.
According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot