One Reported Dead in Ankara US Embassy Blast
At least one person died Friday, as a blast has struck the second gate of the US embassy in Turkey's capital Ankara , according to state-run news agency Anatolia.
Reports have emerged that the dead person was a suicide bomber.
Dozens of ambulances and firefighters were dispatched to the area. Witnesses said several people were also injured as a result of the blast, Today's Zaman reports.
It was not immediately clear what the cause of the blast was.
According to Turkish broadcaster NTV, the explosion caused no damage inside the embassy itself.
- » Ukrainian President Puts Forward Limited Self-Rule Status for Donetsk, Lugansk
- » 500 Migrants Feared Drowned after Boat Sinks off Malta
- » France Joins Britain in Iraq Reconnaissance Flights
- » Slovakia's Gas Deliveries from Russia Still Less than Agreed
- » Arab Countries to Join US Air Strikes against IS
- » Sweden's Center-Left Tipped for Comeback after Sunday Elections