Shot Bulgarian Mobster Remains in Critical Condition - Report
Notorious Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka The Beret, who was shot Tuesday in downtown Sofia, remains in critical condition, according to reports.
Local news websites Actualno and Blitz have quoted doctors as saying that Ivanov remains in an intensive care unit and that his life is still in danger.
Medics have denied reports that one of the mobster's testicles has been removed.
Ivanov was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courtroom building in the Bulgarian capital on Tuesday as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
Zlatomir Ivanov was arrested on February 7, 2009, after he turned himself in to Bulgaria's National State Security Agency DANS. He was charged with organizing and leading an organized crime group dealing with drug distribution and murders.
- » Man Kills Woman with Machete in Reutlingen, Germany
- » Munich Shooting: Lone Gunman Planned Attack for One Year
- » Bulgarian Woman Suffers Broken Arm during Friday’s Munich Shooting
- » Munich Shooting: Gunman Had no Known Links to Islamic State, Police Say
- » Ten Die in Munich Shooting Including Lone Gunman
- » German Police Launches Massive Manhunt for Munich Shooting Attackers