Shot Bulgarian Mobster Remains in Critical Condition - Report
Notorious Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov aka The Beret, who was shot Tuesday in downtown Sofia, remains in critical condition, according to reports.
Local news websites Actualno and Blitz have quoted doctors as saying that Ivanov remains in an intensive care unit and that his life is still in danger.
Medics have denied reports that one of the mobster's testicles has been removed.
Ivanov was shot in broad daylight in the vicinity of the main courtroom building in the Bulgarian capital on Tuesday as he was going there for an appeals hearing in an illegal drugs distribution case against him.
Zlatomir Ivanov was arrested on February 7, 2009, after he turned himself in to Bulgaria's National State Security Agency DANS. He was charged with organizing and leading an organized crime group dealing with drug distribution and murders.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA