Armenian Presidential Runner Shot in Yerevan
Paruyr Hayrikyan, a candidate in Armenia's upcoming presidential election has been wounded in a shooting in the capital Yerevan.
Hayrikyan, the leader of the National Self-Determination political party, was taken to hospital after being shot by an unidentified attacker on a central street in the capital Thursday evening.
Doctors from the Gregory the Illuminator hospital, where Airikyan was taken, said he was in a stable condition and his life was not in danger, RIA Novosti informs.
Armenia will be holding presidential election on February 18, with seven candidates running for the post of the country's leader. Incumbent President Serzh Sarkisian has been tipped to win the vote.
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service
- » German Police Arrests Two Suspected Jihadists in Berlin
- » Hollande, Putin Meet to Discuss Broad Coalition against ‘Common Enemy’
- » President Erdogan: Turkey Won’t Apologize for Shooting down Russian Bomber
- » Migrants Stranded in Greece Try to Break into Macedonia
- » Russia Plans to Strengthen Control of Turkish Food Imports