Armenian Presidential Runner Shot in Yerevan
Paruyr Hayrikyan, a candidate in Armenia's upcoming presidential election has been wounded in a shooting in the capital Yerevan.
Hayrikyan, the leader of the National Self-Determination political party, was taken to hospital after being shot by an unidentified attacker on a central street in the capital Thursday evening.
Doctors from the Gregory the Illuminator hospital, where Airikyan was taken, said he was in a stable condition and his life was not in danger, RIA Novosti informs.
Armenia will be holding presidential election on February 18, with seven candidates running for the post of the country's leader. Incumbent President Serzh Sarkisian has been tipped to win the vote.
- » Pope Francis to Visit Sarajevo in June
- » OSCE Calls for Immediate Ceasefire as Situation in Ukraine Deteriorates
- » Italian Parliament Elects President at Fourth Attempt
- » Greek FinMin Dismisses Further Negotiations with Troika
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year