Armenian Presidential Runner Shot in Yerevan
Paruyr Hayrikyan, a candidate in Armenia's upcoming presidential election has been wounded in a shooting in the capital Yerevan.
Hayrikyan, the leader of the National Self-Determination political party, was taken to hospital after being shot by an unidentified attacker on a central street in the capital Thursday evening.
Doctors from the Gregory the Illuminator hospital, where Airikyan was taken, said he was in a stable condition and his life was not in danger, RIA Novosti informs.
Armenia will be holding presidential election on February 18, with seven candidates running for the post of the country's leader. Incumbent President Serzh Sarkisian has been tipped to win the vote.
- » Estonia Votes in General Election Overshadowed by Fears over Russia
- » Tens of Thousands March in Moscow to Honour Murdered Boris Nemtsov
- » Kurdish Rebel Leader Ocalan Urges PKK Disarmament to End Conflict in Turkey
- » Thousands Expected to March in Moscow in Memory of Nemtsov
- » Donetsk Rebels Pledge to Complete Heavy Weapons Withdrawal Sunday
- » UN Chief Calls for Bringing Nemtsov’s Killers to Justice ‘Swiftly’