Armenian Presidential Runner Shot in Yerevan
Paruyr Hayrikyan, a candidate in Armenia's upcoming presidential election has been wounded in a shooting in the capital Yerevan.
Hayrikyan, the leader of the National Self-Determination political party, was taken to hospital after being shot by an unidentified attacker on a central street in the capital Thursday evening.
Doctors from the Gregory the Illuminator hospital, where Airikyan was taken, said he was in a stable condition and his life was not in danger, RIA Novosti informs.
Armenia will be holding presidential election on February 18, with seven candidates running for the post of the country's leader. Incumbent President Serzh Sarkisian has been tipped to win the vote.
- » A Former CIA Officer was Arrested Because of Top-secret Information
- » A Ball of Fire Passed over the Sky in Michigan (Videos)
- » Juncker Says Would Like Britain Rejoin EU After Brexit
- » The White House Doctor Called President Trump's Health 'Excellent
- » Nations to Consider More North Korea Sanctions, U.S. Warns on Military Option
- » The Hotel in Riyadh, which was a Prison for Princes, is Again Accepting Reservations