Bulgaria to Face Japan, Kazakhstan in Friendlies
Bulgaria's national football team will head for Asia at the end of May to play friendlies in Japan and Kazakhstan, the Bulgarian Football Union (BFU) said on Thursday.
The match against Japan is due on May 30 in Tokyo and against Kazakhstan on June 4 in Astana.
Lyuboslav Penev's side ranks second in Group B in the World Cup qualification matches with six points from four matches, four points behind leaders Italy.
The coach's initial plans were for a match against Kazakhstan only, but Japan's attractive offer made him extend the team's Asian tour.
The team will depart from Sofia airport on May 27, just a day after the end of the country's national tournament.
The A-League of Bulgaria's national football championship was ranked 68th in the world by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics at the beginning of the year.
The IFFHS ranking is topped by Spain's Primera Division with 1283 points, followed by the top leagues of Brazil (1057 pts), Germany (1037 pts), Italy (1034 pts), and England (1007).
With just 296 pts, Bulgaria is 68th, just behind Northern Ireland, Macedonia, Ghana, Angola and Zimbabwe.
The Bulgarian national football championship is then followed by Venezuela, China and Ireland's first national leagues.
- » American Olympic Gymnast Revealed that the Team Doctor had Raped her
- » Football Super Star Lionel Messi Reached 100 Goals in the Champions League
- » Italy Against Sweden in FIFA World Cup Play-off
- » IBF Confirmed: Pulev Remains an Official Contender for the World Titles
- » Football Club "Malmö" FF Lifted the 20th Title of Sweden
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Take Part in Tennis Tournament in Vienna