Syria, Iran Threaten Israel over Reported Strikes
Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for a reported Israeli air raid near Damascus.
Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday.
Syrian Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Abdul-Karim Ali has declared that Damascus has "the option and the surprise to retaliate," according to international media.
In Iran, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Thursday as saying the raid on Syria will have significant implications for the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.
Russia had earlier expressed its concern over reports of Israeli air strikes on Syrian territory.
- » Pyongyang Pledges to Halt Nuclear and Longer-range Missile Tests
- » 'Russian Elon Musk' Raped and Tortured to Death in Custody
- » Bashar Assad Returns Legion d’honneur to France
- » North and South Korea Open Hotline Between Leaders
- » The King of Swaziland Renames the Country 'the Kingdom of eSwatini'
- » Syrians in Turkey Continue to Return Home