Syria, Iran Threaten Israel over Reported Strikes
Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for a reported Israeli air raid near Damascus.
Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday.
Syrian Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Abdul-Karim Ali has declared that Damascus has "the option and the surprise to retaliate," according to international media.
In Iran, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Thursday as saying the raid on Syria will have significant implications for the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.
Russia had earlier expressed its concern over reports of Israeli air strikes on Syrian territory.
- » Senate Republicans Race Toward Vote to Roll Back Obamacare
- » Two People Died During Riots in Venezuela
- » Broken Coffee Machine was the Reason for Emergency Landing of an Airplane
- » Riots Broke out after a Drug Boss was Killed in Mexico City
- » Israeli Police Ban Muslim Men Aged Under 50 From Friday Prayers in Jerusalem
- » Germany Vows to Defend Firms Doing Business in Turkey