Syria, Iran Threaten Israel over Reported Strikes
Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for a reported Israeli air raid near Damascus.
Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday.
Syrian Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Abdul-Karim Ali has declared that Damascus has "the option and the surprise to retaliate," according to international media.
In Iran, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Thursday as saying the raid on Syria will have significant implications for the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.
Russia had earlier expressed its concern over reports of Israeli air strikes on Syrian territory.
- » Germany to Stick to Open-Door Policy on Refugees, Chancellor Merkel Says
- » France to Form National Guard to Help Counter Terror Attacks
- » Two Top Generals Resign in Turkey before Supreme Council Meeting
- » Putin Incorporates Crimea into Southern Federal District
- » EU Could Block Turkish Stream Construction - Ukrainian Official
- » Macedonia President: Balkan Terror Attacks Should Not Be Ruled Out