Syria, Iran Threaten Israel over Reported Strikes
Syria and Iran have threatened to retaliate for a reported Israeli air raid near Damascus.
Syria's army said Israeli jets had targeted a military research centre north-west of Damascus on Wednesday.
Syrian Ambassador to Lebanon Ali Abdul-Karim Ali has declared that Damascus has "the option and the surprise to retaliate," according to international media.
In Iran, the semi-official Fars news agency quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian on Thursday as saying the raid on Syria will have significant implications for the Israeli city of Tel Aviv.
Russia had earlier expressed its concern over reports of Israeli air strikes on Syrian territory.
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine