New Reshuffle at Bulgaria's Transplant Agency
Bulgaria’s Health Minister, Desislava Atanasova, has fired the Executive Director of the country’s Executive Transplant Agency, Dr. Silvi Kirilov.
Kirilov is replaced by Dr. Mariana Simeonova – until now an intensive care physician at the Military Medical Academy in the capital Sofia.
The reshuffle was announced Thursday morning at an emergency press conference at the Health Ministry.
The Minister explained it with being unsatisfied with Kirilov's job performance, grounding it on the fact that only 4 transplants took place in 2012.
Kirilov has been dismissed on January 30. The move has been coordinated with Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov.
Kirilov, an urologist and former Director of "Alexandrovska" and "Doverie" hospitals in Sofia, was appointed CEO of the Transplant Agency in 2011, in the aftermath of a scandal with unabsorbed funds there. The scandal led then to the dismissal of Dr. Teodora Dzhaleva from the post.
- » Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
- » Bulgaria Owes BGN 95 M for Treatment of Bulgarian Patients in EU
- » Bulgaria's Health Insurance Fund To End 2016 With BGN 50 M Deficit
- » Bulgaria Ranks 5th in Europe in Childhood Obesity
- » Two-Thirds of Deaths in Bulgaria Linked to Cardiovascular Diseases
- » Bulgaria Ranks 46th in Bloomberg's Healthcare System Index