New Reshuffle at Bulgaria's Transplant Agency
Bulgaria’s Health Minister, Desislava Atanasova, has fired the Executive Director of the country’s Executive Transplant Agency, Dr. Silvi Kirilov.
Kirilov is replaced by Dr. Mariana Simeonova – until now an intensive care physician at the Military Medical Academy in the capital Sofia.
The reshuffle was announced Thursday morning at an emergency press conference at the Health Ministry.
The Minister explained it with being unsatisfied with Kirilov's job performance, grounding it on the fact that only 4 transplants took place in 2012.
Kirilov has been dismissed on January 30. The move has been coordinated with Prime Minister, Boyko Borisov.
Kirilov, an urologist and former Director of "Alexandrovska" and "Doverie" hospitals in Sofia, was appointed CEO of the Transplant Agency in 2011, in the aftermath of a scandal with unabsorbed funds there. The scandal led then to the dismissal of Dr. Teodora Dzhaleva from the post.
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Bulgaria 6th in EU for Child Obesity
- » Ambulances To Leave from Sofia Gas Stations
- » Bulgaria's GERB Spent BGN 1.4B on Pensions – Deputy Health Minister
- » Bulgarian Children Suffer from Obesity, Prefer Tv to Sport
- » Bulgarians Spend 6 Times More Money On Their Cars Than On Health