Dangerous Landslide Threatens Southern Bulgarian Village
A dangerous landslide threatens the safety of over 70 people in the southern Bulgarian village of Tanka Bara near Nedelino.
Geo-protection officials are to arrive on the spot on Thursday to examine the site and recommend measures to secure the safety of the people and the most high-risk houses.
Nedelino Mayor Stoyan Beshirov told the Bulgarian National Television that the land mass had been activated by to the rain and the melting snow.
He specified that there was a crack in the rock over 30 cm long and around a meter deep.
There is a danger of the landslide going down in the direction of the village.
The problem has existed for 6 years but nobody paid attention to the signals of the locals.
Many people fear they may lose their homes as three houses already have cracked walls.
After today's examination of the site, the specialists are to specify the amount of money which will be necessary to render the region safe.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues