Andon Rokov Appointed Acting Chair of Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog
Andon Rokov has been appointed acting Chair of Bulgaria's State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR) until a replacement for resigned DKEVR head Angel Semerdzhiev is selected.
Bulgaria's government approved Wednesday the proposal for the dismissal of DKEVR Chair Angel Semerdzhiev, who filed his resignation on Tuesday.
Andon Rokov is a member of DKEVR.
He holds a degree in law from the Sofia University 'St. Kliment Ohridski' and has extensive experience in the spheres of energy and commercial law.
The press office of the Bulgarian government announced Monday that Semerdzhiev would be dismissed over the delayed preparation and adoption of secondary legislation related to the Third Energy Liberalization Package.
Bulgaria's failure to fully transpose the EU internal energy market rules caused the European Commission to refer Bulgaria to the Court of Justice of the European Union.
The EC warned that Bulgaria had only partially transposed the Electricity and Gas Directives and proposed a daily penalty of EUR 8488 for each partially transposed Directive.
As a result, Angel Semerdzhiev requested an early termination of his term in office as DKEVR Chair in connection with his failure to perform job duties.
The application was approved by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
- » Gazprom Puts Forward New South Stream Route
- » Bulgaria's NEK Repays EUR 309 M Debt to Local Unit of U.S.-based AES Corp
- » Bulgaria’s BEH Signs EUR 535 M Loan Deal to Repay Debt to Units of AES, ContourGlobal
- » Competition Regulator Carries out Inspection at OMV Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Conducts Inspections at Shell, Eko
- » Noble Globetrotter II to Start Drilling for Gas off Bulgaria’s Coast in May