Who Is Who: Bulgaria's New Education Minister Stefan Vodenicharov
Acad. Stefan Vodenicharov was born on September 1, 1944 in Sofia. He graduated from the Technical University in Sofia.
From 1991 he was a professor, while from 2004 - corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences. That year he became real member of the academy.
He has managed 207 research projects, among them projects within NATO and the EU and served as director of the Institute of metal science, equipment and technologies.
Bulgaria's Academy of Sciences (BAS) elected Vodenicharov to be its new president on December 3.
Acad. Stefan Vodenicharov replaced Acad. Stefan Dodunekov, who passed away in August just two months after being elected head of BAS.
Vodenicharov was elected with the votes of 57 members of BAS Common Assembly, 32 voted against, while 8 abstained. He was the only nomination, unlike the previous time when three nominees were vying for the post.
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas
- » Water and Energy Regulatory Commission Decides on the Final Increasing Price of water in 14 Districts Since January 1
- » Unified Security System Will be Presented Today in Sofia
- » International Report: A Large Part of Islamic State's Weapons are Bulgarian
- » MPs will Discuss the State Debt of the Country