Dozens of Dead Bodies Found in Syria's Aleppo
The bodies of dozens of young men have been discovered in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo, according to rebels and activists.
At least 65 bodies were found on the banks of the Quwaiq river in the western district of Bustan al-Qasr, the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported.
The men were allegedly executed.
Most had their hands tied behind their backs and gunshot wounds to the head, BBC has informed.
Rebels pushed into Aleppo in the summer of 2012 but are stuck in a stalemate with government forces. The city is divided roughly in half between the two sides.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years