Bulgarian Left-Wing Leader Wants Top Cop, AgriMin Axed
Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev has demanded the resignations of two more Cabinet members – Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov and Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Stanishev's statement follows Monday's resignation of Education Minister Sergey Ignatov.
According to the left-wing oppositional leader, Tsvetanov should be dismissed for failing to properly organize last week's nuclear energy referendum in the country, allowing heavy discrepancies in the voters' lists.
Stanishev has also argued that Tsvetanov should resign over Tuesday's failed assassination attempt on notorious mobster Zlatimir Ivanov in downtown Sofia, as he believes the accident showed that organized crime has been growing stronger in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria Presidential Vote: Opposition Candidate 'Slightly Preferred' as Winner - Poll
- » Protest in Bulgaria's Yambol over Construction of Migrant Center
- » Bulgaria MPs Required to Submit Only Laws with Impact Assessment
- » Amnesty Accuses Bulgaria of Inciting Violence after Attack on Helsinki Committee Chair
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Launches Open Lines for Signals Related to Electoral Violations
- » Bulgaria's Elections To Cost BGN 250,000 More Due To Electoral Code Amendment