Bulgarian Left-Wing Leader Wants Top Cop, AgriMin Axed
Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev has demanded the resignations of two more Cabinet members – Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov and Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Stanishev's statement follows Monday's resignation of Education Minister Sergey Ignatov.
According to the left-wing oppositional leader, Tsvetanov should be dismissed for failing to properly organize last week's nuclear energy referendum in the country, allowing heavy discrepancies in the voters' lists.
Stanishev has also argued that Tsvetanov should resign over Tuesday's failed assassination attempt on notorious mobster Zlatimir Ivanov in downtown Sofia, as he believes the accident showed that organized crime has been growing stronger in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarian President: We Are Concerned about Russia over Nemtsov's Death
- » Bulgaria PM Undergoes Knee Surgery
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Resignation of DANS Deputy Chairperson
- » Opposition BSP Calls on Bulgarian President to Impose Veto on New Debt
- » Bulgarian IntMin to Propose New Chief Secretary Despite PM Warning