Bulgarian Left-Wing Leader Wants Top Cop, AgriMin Axed
Bulgarian Socialist Party leader Sergey Stanishev has demanded the resignations of two more Cabinet members – Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov and Agriculture Minister Miroslav Naydenov.
Stanishev's statement follows Monday's resignation of Education Minister Sergey Ignatov.
According to the left-wing oppositional leader, Tsvetanov should be dismissed for failing to properly organize last week's nuclear energy referendum in the country, allowing heavy discrepancies in the voters' lists.
Stanishev has also argued that Tsvetanov should resign over Tuesday's failed assassination attempt on notorious mobster Zlatimir Ivanov in downtown Sofia, as he believes the accident showed that organized crime has been growing stronger in Bulgaria.
- » DailyMail: Bulgaria Deputy PM Wants New Laws to Stifle Radical Islam
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
- » Georgi Cholakov is the New Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed