Right-Winger: Bulgarian PM Failed to Cope with Corruption, Crime
Atanas Atanasov, the former head of Bulgaria's National Security Service, has declared that the country's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has failed to combat crime and corruption.
Atanasov, who is currently a Sofia municipal council member from the right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, has gone further to state that the efforts to fight corruption and crime have been "the biggest failure" of Borisov and his centrist-right GERB government.
Atanasov's statement followed Tuesday's a failed assassination attempt against emblematic Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata (The Beret) in downtown Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov, a former counter-terrorism squad commando, got four gunshot wounds as he was entering the Central Courthouse in Sofia for his organized crime trial hearing but survived.
Atanasov has told the BGNES news agency that the crime scene in Tuesday's assassination attempt was "symbolic."
- » Bulgarian PM Calls an Extraordinary Meeting due to the Car Crashes Near Lovech
- » Municipalityof Pernik Will Organize the Transport of the Victims of the Severe Catastrophe Near Lovech
- » MPs Chose Tsveta Karayancheva as the New Parliament Speaker
- » Speaker of the National Assembly Dimitar Glavchev Resigned
- » 402 Cases of Violence Against Children and 39 Cases of Violence Against Teachers in 2017
- » Bulgarian PM: We Will Fulfill Our Commitments