Right-Winger: Bulgarian PM Failed to Cope with Corruption, Crime
Atanas Atanasov, the former head of Bulgaria's National Security Service, has declared that the country's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov has failed to combat crime and corruption.
Atanasov, who is currently a Sofia municipal council member from the right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, has gone further to state that the efforts to fight corruption and crime have been "the biggest failure" of Borisov and his centrist-right GERB government.
Atanasov's statement followed Tuesday's a failed assassination attempt against emblematic Bulgarian drug lord Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata (The Beret) in downtown Sofia.
Zlatomir Ivanov, a former counter-terrorism squad commando, got four gunshot wounds as he was entering the Central Courthouse in Sofia for his organized crime trial hearing but survived.
Atanasov has told the BGNES news agency that the crime scene in Tuesday's assassination attempt was "symbolic."
- » The EC Lawsuit Against Bulgaria Ends with a Ban on New Constructions in Kaliakra
- » Prosecutor General Tsatsarov Moves to Lift Immunity of GERB MP Zhivko Matinov
- » Bulgarian Minister of Justice: 'A New Prison to be Built in Kremikovtzi'
- » Bulgarian Socialist Party to Ask the Specialised Prosecutor’s Office to Publish a List of Politicians Funded by KTB
- » The Swedish Tourist who Attacked a Hotel Worker in Sunny Beach has been Released from Custody
- » Customs officers Found over 260 Liters of Illegally Produced Alcohol from an Internet Ad