Attempt on Bulgarian Mobster's Life Fails to Stop Dogan Assault Hearing
The attempt on the life of Bulgarian mafia boss Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata, made Tuesday morning in front of the Central Courthouse in Bulgaria's Sofia, has not postponed the hearing against Oktay Enimehmedov, the failed assassin of ethnic Turkish politician Ahmed Dogan.
Enimehmedov's hearing was supposed to take place around noon on Tuesday, about two hours after the shootout in which Zlatomir Ivanov, aka The Beret, was shot and suffered four wounds but survived.
Ahmed Dogan, founder and leader of the DPS party ("Movement for Rights and Freedoms"), was the target of an attack right on the floor of a party conference on Saturday, January 19, 2013, by 25-year-old Oktay Enimehmedov, also a Bulgarian citizen from ethnic Turkish origin. However, the gas pistol that Enimehmedov pointed at Dogan's head misfired.
After the failed assassination attempt against Baretata, there were initial reports that all hearings on key trials in the Central Courthouse in Sofia will be canceled but the reports were later disproved, and Enimehmedov was expected to be brought to the courthouse shortly after noon on Tuesday.
- » Man’s Body Found in Front of Residential Building in Sofia, Regions is Closed Off
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna