Attempt on Bulgarian Mobster's Life Fails to Stop Dogan Assault Hearing
The attempt on the life of Bulgarian mafia boss Zlatomir Ivanov, aka Zlatko Baretata, made Tuesday morning in front of the Central Courthouse in Bulgaria's Sofia, has not postponed the hearing against Oktay Enimehmedov, the failed assassin of ethnic Turkish politician Ahmed Dogan.
Enimehmedov's hearing was supposed to take place around noon on Tuesday, about two hours after the shootout in which Zlatomir Ivanov, aka The Beret, was shot and suffered four wounds but survived.
Ahmed Dogan, founder and leader of the DPS party ("Movement for Rights and Freedoms"), was the target of an attack right on the floor of a party conference on Saturday, January 19, 2013, by 25-year-old Oktay Enimehmedov, also a Bulgarian citizen from ethnic Turkish origin. However, the gas pistol that Enimehmedov pointed at Dogan's head misfired.
After the failed assassination attempt against Baretata, there were initial reports that all hearings on key trials in the Central Courthouse in Sofia will be canceled but the reports were later disproved, and Enimehmedov was expected to be brought to the courthouse shortly after noon on Tuesday.
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Found Currency and Gold for BGN 900 000
- » UAE Behind Qatar Hacks
- » Europol Arrests 66 People in Horsemeat Investigation