Bulgaria's Capital Prosecutor Dies of Cancer Aged 39
Sofia district prosecutor Alexander Nalbantov has passed away after losing a tough battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 39.
Alexander Nalbantov is survived by his wife and two little children.
Prosecutor Nalbantov needed expensive treatment abroad for which his colleagues pooled their efforts to raise money.
Speaking for an interview last year for 24 hours daily, he – half jokingly – said that he is hating Mondays and Austria's capital does not bring the good emotions that it used to after he started to get his chemotherapy in Vienna on the first day of every week.
His colleagues described him as a clever and capable young man, an excellent prosecutor and a good man, who brought innovations in Sofia District Prosecutor's Office and set an example to be followed.
May he rest in peace!
- » Nobel Laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies Aged 87
- » Celebrated Bulgarian Composer Boris Karadimchev Dies Aged 81
- » Spanish Flamenco Guitarist Paco De Lucia Dies, Aged 66
- » Serbian Bulgarian Actor Djoko Rosic Dies
- » Bulgaria's Socialist MP Dies Suddenly, Aged 48
- » Hollywood Child Star Shirley Temple Dies at 85