Bulgaria's Capital Prosecutor Dies of Cancer Aged 39
Sofia district prosecutor Alexander Nalbantov has passed away after losing a tough battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 39.
Alexander Nalbantov is survived by his wife and two little children.
Prosecutor Nalbantov needed expensive treatment abroad for which his colleagues pooled their efforts to raise money.
Speaking for an interview last year for 24 hours daily, he – half jokingly – said that he is hating Mondays and Austria's capital does not bring the good emotions that it used to after he started to get his chemotherapy in Vienna on the first day of every week.
His colleagues described him as a clever and capable young man, an excellent prosecutor and a good man, who brought innovations in Sofia District Prosecutor's Office and set an example to be followed.
May he rest in peace!
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian TV Journalist Dimitar Tsonev Dies at 56
- » Legendary Heavyweight Boxer Muhammad Ali Dies Aged 74
- » Dutch Football Legend Johan Cruyff Dies of Cancer Aged 68
- » Former Bulgarian Parliament Speaker Yordan Sokolov Dies Aged 83
- » Former UN Chief Boutros Boutros-Ghali Dies at 93