Brazil Declares 3 Days of Mourning over Nightclub Tragedy
Brazil has declared three days of national mourning for over 230 people killed in a nightclub fire in the southern city of Santa Maria.
30 days of mourning were declared in Santa Maria.
The fire reportedly started after a member of a band playing at the Kiss nightclub lit a flare on stage, according to BBC.
There were at least a thousand of people in the club, most of them students of a local university, when the fire erupted.
According to latest figures, the fire killed 233 people, including 120 men and 113 women. Over 90 people remain injured in hospitals with 14 of them in grave condition. So far, 185 of the dead bodies have been identified.
- » EU To Put End To Tax Avoidance by MNCs
- » Juncker: Great Britain Will Pay Stiff Price for Brexit
- » First Express Train from Istanbul Arrives in Sofia
- » 3 EU Countries Demand That Lower-Quality Foods Not Be Sold in Eastern Europe
- » EC Threatens To Sue 5 Countries Over Air Pollution
- » Greece May Rely On New Rescue Programme