"It is a great success for Bulgaria that we achieved a new level of political maturity that allowed the organization of a referendum. I wish Bulgarians to actively participate in the vote and I will am wishing myself that this will not be the last national referendum during my term in office. This is the first such vote and it is a proof that citizens can set the agenda for institutions. Everyone should take part, because if we want this to be our country, each of us must give his or her share. Everyone can and must have a position and stand up for it. The vote is significant for citizens, not political parties. Some will question the significance of this referendum, but ever more people willl realize that what is at stake is hearing the people."
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev comments as he casts his vote on Sunday's referendum on nuclear energy, the first national referendum in Bulgarian democratic history since 1989.
- » Today's Quote: The President Is an Injured Carrier Pigeon
- » Today's Quote: The Fall of Bulgaria's 'Dictatorship'
- » Today's Quote: Presidential Candidate for Life. Literally
- » Today's Quote: Ahmet Davutoglu
- » Today's Quote: Populism and Alcoholism
- » Today's Quote: Bulgaria's PM Dreaming of Legal Loopholes