Heavy Snowfall Forecasted for Parts of Bulgaria
Three regions in southern Bulgaria are under code orange Saturday over the forecast for heavy snowfall.
The forecast is issued by the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Code orange is effective for the regions of Haskovo, Smolyan and Kardzhali.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
A more moderate code yellow has been issued for four regions in eastern Bulgaria over the forecast for snowfall, drifts and blizzard conditions. These are the regions of Varna, Dobrich, Silistra and Shumen. The regions of Yambol, Burgas and Razgrad are under code yellow for gusty winds.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The rest of the country is under code green.
Minimum temperature will be between minus 4C and minus 1C, while the maximum will reach only minus 3C to plus 2C, except in the most southwestern areas where they will reach plus 5C. In the capital Sofia, the mercury will climb only to minus 2C.
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017
- » Malyovitsa Hut Awarded Best Tourist Chalet of 2016
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Strong Winds in All Regions
- » Bulgaria's Govt Reverses Controversial National Park Plans
- » Environmenalists to Protest against Bulgaria's Interim Govt