Heavy Snowfall Forecasted for Parts of Bulgaria
Three regions in southern Bulgaria are under code orange Saturday over the forecast for heavy snowfall.
The forecast is issued by the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS).
Code orange is effective for the regions of Haskovo, Smolyan and Kardzhali.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
A more moderate code yellow has been issued for four regions in eastern Bulgaria over the forecast for snowfall, drifts and blizzard conditions. These are the regions of Varna, Dobrich, Silistra and Shumen. The regions of Yambol, Burgas and Razgrad are under code yellow for gusty winds.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The rest of the country is under code green.
Minimum temperature will be between minus 4C and minus 1C, while the maximum will reach only minus 3C to plus 2C, except in the most southwestern areas where they will reach plus 5C. In the capital Sofia, the mercury will climb only to minus 2C.
- » Nicaragua Signs Paris Climate Deal, Leaving US, Syria as Only Countries Out
- » From 2019 90% of the Territory of Bulgaria will be Protected from Hailstorms
- » Typhoon "Lan" Hits Japan Leaving 5 People Dead
- » NIMH: Rains will Start From the West and will Spread Throughout the Western Half of the Country
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C