Bulgarian Eco Activists Light 'Radiation Sign' Lanterns
Bulgarian environmentalists placed in front of the building of the Parliament Friday evening dozens of lighted lanterns forming the sign of radiation.
Petko Kovachev from the Greens party is quoted saying this was also a prayer for children of Bulgaria and for the entire word to never have to live through а nightmare like the 1986 disaster in the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the Ukraine.
On Sunday, January 27, 2013, Bulgarians will have to answer in the referendum the following question: "Should nuclear energy be developed in Bulgaria through the construction of new nuclear power units?"
This is the first referendum in the country since the fall of the Communist regime in 1989.
The Greens further say the ruling politicians and the Central Electoral Commission instead of organizing the referendum have created huge chaos and have let the things out of control.
They believe it is cynical to endanger people's lives under claims for energy security.
- » 73% of Bulgaria's Bathing Waters Were of Excellent Quality in 2014
- » Minor Earthquake Registered in Black Sea Near Bulgaria's Primorsko
- » Code Yellow Issued in Five Bulgarian Municipalities
- » Sofia Picks Griffon Vulture as Its Ugly Animal Mascot
- » Bulgaria's Stara Zagora Citizens Protest Against Minks Farm Construction
- » Torrential Rains and Hail Expected in Bulgaria