Berbatov Was No Failure, Sir Alex Says
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Dimitar Berbatov on the striker's return to Old Trafford with Fulham.
Ferguson has argued that the Bulgarian forward's stay at Old Trafford was a success, even though he was used as a fourth-choice striker last season.
"I don't think Dimitar was a failure here," said Ferguson ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Fulham, according to the Daily Mail.
"But I can see why he would polarise opinion. Some people like to see players running through brick walls all the time. Dimitar was not that type of player," he added, referring to Berbatov's trademark style.
- » Draw Confirms Exclusion of CSKA, Lokomotiv Sofia from Bulgaria's A Group
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Starts Wimbledon with Convincing Win against Delbonis
- » Bulgaria Finishes 27th at First European Games after Claiming Ten Medals
- » Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Scores Another Victory against Cuba
- » Bulgaria Grabs Silver after Losing Men's Volleyball Final in Baku
- » Bulgaria's Stoevi Sisters Claim Gold at Women's Doubles Badminton in Baku