Berbatov Was No Failure, Sir Alex Says
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Dimitar Berbatov on the striker's return to Old Trafford with Fulham.
Ferguson has argued that the Bulgarian forward's stay at Old Trafford was a success, even though he was used as a fourth-choice striker last season.
"I don't think Dimitar was a failure here," said Ferguson ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Fulham, according to the Daily Mail.
"But I can see why he would polarise opinion. Some people like to see players running through brick walls all the time. Dimitar was not that type of player," he added, referring to Berbatov's trademark style.
- » Successful Start For Grigor Dimitrov in Paris
- » 27 Arrested Right Before Levski-CSKA Match
- » Enhanced Security Measures in Sofia Due to Levski-CSKA Football Game Tonight
- » Additional Security Measures for Europa League Final in Stockholm Already in Place
- » Antoaneta Boneva Wins Silver Medal at ISSF World Cup in Munich
- » Kubrat Pulev to Fight For IBF Heavyweight title within 10 Months