Berbatov Was No Failure, Sir Alex Says
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Dimitar Berbatov on the striker's return to Old Trafford with Fulham.
Ferguson has argued that the Bulgarian forward's stay at Old Trafford was a success, even though he was used as a fourth-choice striker last season.
"I don't think Dimitar was a failure here," said Ferguson ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Fulham, according to the Daily Mail.
"But I can see why he would polarise opinion. Some people like to see players running through brick walls all the time. Dimitar was not that type of player," he added, referring to Berbatov's trademark style.
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova Climbs Up World Tennis Ranking
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Defeats Mladost Podgorica 2:0 in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria Claims Gold at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup in Kazan
- » Ivet Lalova Claims Third Silver Medal for Bulgaria at Euro Athletics Championship