Berbatov Was No Failure, Sir Alex Says
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has defended Dimitar Berbatov on the striker's return to Old Trafford with Fulham.
Ferguson has argued that the Bulgarian forward's stay at Old Trafford was a success, even though he was used as a fourth-choice striker last season.
"I don't think Dimitar was a failure here," said Ferguson ahead of Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round tie against Fulham, according to the Daily Mail.
"But I can see why he would polarise opinion. Some people like to see players running through brick walls all the time. Dimitar was not that type of player," he added, referring to Berbatov's trademark style.
- » Greek PAOK Signs Bulgarian Striker Dimitar Berbatov
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Australia's Ebden to Progress to 2nd Round of US Open
- » Bulgarian Mountain Runner Sets New Record on Completing Kom-Emine Hike
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing