President: Bulgarian Regions Need to Shape Fiscal Framework
Bulgarian regions need to be part of the planning for Bulgaria's 2012-20 financial framework, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Thursday Plevneliev met in the winter resort of Pamporovo Smolyan and Chepelare mayors Nikolay Melemov and Todor Bozukov, as well as Smolyan Region governor Stefan Staykov.
The officials were present at the close of the Ladies' Giant Slalom for the European Ski Cup in Pamporovo.
"A lot of the funds in the framework will go for the development of regions, so their representatives must be part of the process and their voice must be heard," said Plevneliev.
Comprehensive talks with local and regional authorities are set to continue in Sofia in the coming 6 months, added the President.
- » Bulgaria’s Government Debt to GDP Ratio Unchanged from July, at 28.4%
- » Bulgaria’s C-Bank Moves to Improve Supervisory Role
- » Bulgarian Minister to Seek Upward Revision of Interior’s Budget by BGN 21.3 M
- » Bulgaria's FinMin Expects Budget Surplus of BGN 627 M at End of September
- » Bulgarian C-Bank's Supervision Dept. Director General Kordovska Resigns
- » Bulgaria Moves to Adopt IMF’s Special Data Dissemination Standard Plus