President: Bulgarian Regions Need to Shape Fiscal Framework
Bulgarian regions need to be part of the planning for Bulgaria's 2012-20 financial framework, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Thursday Plevneliev met in the winter resort of Pamporovo Smolyan and Chepelare mayors Nikolay Melemov and Todor Bozukov, as well as Smolyan Region governor Stefan Staykov.
The officials were present at the close of the Ladies' Giant Slalom for the European Ski Cup in Pamporovo.
"A lot of the funds in the framework will go for the development of regions, so their representatives must be part of the process and their voice must be heard," said Plevneliev.
Comprehensive talks with local and regional authorities are set to continue in Sofia in the coming 6 months, added the President.
- » State Debt Decreases in EU, Bulgaria in Q3 2016
- » Bulgaria Posts 46.4% Drop in FDI in Jan-Nov 2016
- » BSE: Six New Companies Join SEE Link Indices
- » Airplane Tickets Prices Up by 28.6% in December
- » Bulgaria's Stock Exchange Reports BGN 5 M More in Turnover for 2016
- » Debt of 12 Bulgarian Municipalities Increases by 500%