President: Bulgarian Regions Need to Shape Fiscal Framework
Bulgarian regions need to be part of the planning for Bulgaria's 2012-20 financial framework, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Thursday Plevneliev met in the winter resort of Pamporovo Smolyan and Chepelare mayors Nikolay Melemov and Todor Bozukov, as well as Smolyan Region governor Stefan Staykov.
The officials were present at the close of the Ladies' Giant Slalom for the European Ski Cup in Pamporovo.
"A lot of the funds in the framework will go for the development of regions, so their representatives must be part of the process and their voice must be heard," said Plevneliev.
Comprehensive talks with local and regional authorities are set to continue in Sofia in the coming 6 months, added the President.
- » World Bank Approves 2017-2022 Partnership Framework for Bulgaria
- » Assets Managed by Investment Funds in Bulgaria Grow 2.6% Y/Y in March
- » FDI in Bulgaria Drops 37% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Bulgaria to Grant 35-Year Concession on Sofia Airport
- » Bulgarian Household Income Rises 4.2% Y/Yin Q1, Expenditure up 0.9%
- » Bulgaria’s Govt to Discuss Granting Concession on Sofia Airport