President: Bulgarian Regions Need to Shape Fiscal Framework
Bulgarian regions need to be part of the planning for Bulgaria's 2012-20 financial framework, stated Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev.
Thursday Plevneliev met in the winter resort of Pamporovo Smolyan and Chepelare mayors Nikolay Melemov and Todor Bozukov, as well as Smolyan Region governor Stefan Staykov.
The officials were present at the close of the Ladies' Giant Slalom for the European Ski Cup in Pamporovo.
"A lot of the funds in the framework will go for the development of regions, so their representatives must be part of the process and their voice must be heard," said Plevneliev.
Comprehensive talks with local and regional authorities are set to continue in Sofia in the coming 6 months, added the President.
- » Bulgaria, Romania Sign Joint Declaration on Energy Cooperation
- » Minimum Wage in Bulgaria to Reach EUR 230 in 2017
- » Bulgaria's KTB Officially Slides into Insolvency after Court Ruling
- » Eurostat 'Has Reservations' about Bulgaria's 2014 Deficit Data
- » Bulgaria C-Bank 'Warned Greek-Owned Banks' over Grexit Scenario
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Down 6.9% Y/Y in Jan-Feb 2015