Bulgarian Socialists Propose Temporary Ban on Construction on Black Sea Coast
The Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) has submitted to Parliament a draft decision for imposing a moratorium on all disposition deals and construction works on terrains of the Black Sea coast.
The announcement for the moratorium proposal was made by BSP leader Sergey Stanishev at a briefing in Parliament, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA) and investor.bg.
The socialist party proposes that the moratorium be valid for the territories of Irakli, Karadere, Kamchiyski Pyasaci - Shkorpilovtsi, the stretch from the Durankulak Lake to Sveta Anna, Krapets, the Shabla Lake, Coral, Arkutino, Dyuni, Maslen Nos, Belite Skali, Boata, Yalata, Kaliakra, Rakitnik, and Liman.
The major share of the territory is part of the National Park Bulgarian Black Sea Coast project proposed by Bulgarian citizens and environmental organizations.
BSP MPs suggest that the moratorium be valid until the inclusion of the territories into the National Park Bulgarian Black Sea Coast.
In Stanishev's words, the draft decision provides clear-cut obligations for the creation of specialized maps of the Black Sea coast and a register of real estate, be it private or public property, located up to 2 km from the coast.
A number of Bulgarian environmental organizations proposed the creation of the Black Sea Coast Natural Park on January 15 amid a scandal involving construction on protected coastal areas.
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » NIMH: Weather Will be Sunny, Max. Temperatures Between 26° and 31°
- » NIMH: Rains with Thunders Over Eastern and Southwestern Regions, Max Temperatures 26°-31°
- » Seismologists Do Not Expect New Strong Quakes in Greece and Turkey
- » Mostly Sunny, Max Temperatures 28°-33°, in Sofia 29°