4 Bulgarian Regions under Code Yellow over Downpours
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been declared Thursday for four Bulgarian regions due to expected torrential rains.
The warning has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
The code is effective for the regions of Kardzhali, Smolyan, Ruse, and Silistra, where precipitations of between 15 and 30 liters per square meter are expected.
Rain will arrive in the entire country by the evening. Heavy snow is in the forecast over the weekend.
The mercury will fall down with maximum temperatures reaching between 6 and 11 degrees Celsius, 7 in the capital Sofia. The minimums will be between minus 1C and 4C, 0C in Sofia.
In eastern Bulgaria the weather will be sunny and the rain will arrive overnight.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgaria, World Prepare to Switch Off for Earth Hour
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bird Flu Caused Death of Pelicans in Bulgaria's Srebarna Reserve
- » Chile Floods Leave 200 Bulgarians Stranded
- » 21 Pelicans Found Dead at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve