Brazen Bank Robbery Reported in Bulgaria's Burgas
Three unidentified robbers have stolen a significant amount of money from a bank in the Black Sea city of Burgas.
The robbery has happened around 7:30 pm Wednesday in the central branch of Municipal Bank in the city. The robbers entered the bank facility through a back door which was not blasted but unlocked.
They tied the security guard to a chair. He is unharmed and there are no other reported injuries in the incident.
The Chief of the Burgas police, Milen Dimitrov, is quoted saying the stolen amount was between BGN 30 000 and BGN 40 000. This money has been delivered by an armored truckjust minutes before the roberry. It belonged to the municipal company "Burgasbus"
Burgas police are searching the premises Thursday morning and questioning employees, eyewitnesses and everyone having insider information about the bank's work, since the robbers are presumed to have had such information.
The investigators have seized the security cameras tapes from the bank and the adjacent area.
Worried customers have arrived at the branch last night, but police have assuaged them that the safety vaults were intact.
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists