Obama's 2nd Terms Kicks Off with Post-Inauguration Festivities
US President Barack Obama launched his second term with more post-Inauguration festivities.
In the morning, the President and his wife Michele Obama attended the 10:45a interfaith, multi-denominational service that will represent Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism. The service took place at the Washington National Cathedral, according to CNN.
In the evening, the celebrations will continue and Obama will return to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, site of Monday night's Inaugural Balls, to attend the Staff Inaugural Ball.
Obama was officially sworn-in to begin his second term on Sunday, in keeping with the Constitution's mandate that presidents begin their new term on January 20. However, the public celebration was pushed to Monday, coinciding with the birthday of late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- » Germany Not To Allow Erdogan's Meeting for Referendum on Constitutional Amendments
- » European MPs To Call On EC To Reinstate Visa Regime for US Citizens
- » 136 Turkish Diplomats Request Asylum in Germany
- » BSP's Ninova Nominated for Vice President of Socialist International
- » Athens Blocked by 24-Hour Strike of Public Transport Employees
- » Women Serving in Turkish Army Allowed To Wear Islamic Headdress