Obama's 2nd Terms Kicks Off with Post-Inauguration Festivities
US President Barack Obama launched his second term with more post-Inauguration festivities.
In the morning, the President and his wife Michele Obama attended the 10:45a interfaith, multi-denominational service that will represent Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism. The service took place at the Washington National Cathedral, according to CNN.
In the evening, the celebrations will continue and Obama will return to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, site of Monday night's Inaugural Balls, to attend the Staff Inaugural Ball.
Obama was officially sworn-in to begin his second term on Sunday, in keeping with the Constitution's mandate that presidents begin their new term on January 20. However, the public celebration was pushed to Monday, coinciding with the birthday of late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- » Ankara Twin Blast Death Toll Rises to 86 - Turkey Health Min
- » Turkey's PKK Vows 'Halt to Action' If Not Attacked Anymore
- » Ankara Twin Blast Leaves at Least 30 Dead
- » Asylum Seekers Start Relocating from Italy to Sweden under EU Plan
- » Turkey’s Anadolu Agency Photojournalist Killed in Syria
- » Moldova to Build EUR 83 M Gas Pipeline to Chisinau from Border with Romania