Obama's 2nd Terms Kicks Off with Post-Inauguration Festivities
US President Barack Obama launched his second term with more post-Inauguration festivities.
In the morning, the President and his wife Michele Obama attended the 10:45a interfaith, multi-denominational service that will represent Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Sikhism. The service took place at the Washington National Cathedral, according to CNN.
In the evening, the celebrations will continue and Obama will return to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, site of Monday night's Inaugural Balls, to attend the Staff Inaugural Ball.
Obama was officially sworn-in to begin his second term on Sunday, in keeping with the Constitution's mandate that presidents begin their new term on January 20. However, the public celebration was pushed to Monday, coinciding with the birthday of late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.
- » 40 People Taken To Hospital After Bucharest Night Club Fire
- » New Shooting in Turkey's Istanbul
- » 16 Hungarian Pupils Die in Bus Crash Near Verona
- » Donald Trump Signs Decree Against Obamacare
- » Turkey's Parliament Approves Constitutional Reform
- » Reuters: Turkey Moving Ever Closer To Becoming Authoritarian State