Bulgarian Doctors Union Head to Sue Finance Minister over Redirected Health Insurance Contributions
Tsvetan Raychinov, Chairman of the Bulgarian Doctors Union, has vowed to file a lawsuit against Finance Minister Dimeon Djankov over misused health insurance contributions.
Speaking Monday in the northeastern city of Ruse, he argued that a sum of nearly BGN 2 B in health insurance contributions had been redirected to other needs since 2009.
Raychinov, as cited by private TV station bTV, said that he felt wronged because the Finance Minister had misappropriated his health insurance contributions and urged all Bulgarians to follow his example and sue Djankov.
"Do not let them rob you,:" Raychinov exclaimed.
He noted that he was willing to file a lawsuit against Djankov not as a doctor or head of the Bulgarian Doctors Union but as an ordinary citizen.
He said that another problem was the constant transfer of activities from the Health Ministry to the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF).
Raychinov took part Monday in a discussion organized on the 12 anniversary of the establishment of the NHIF.
- » Bulgarian MPs Adopt National Health Strategy 2014-2020
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on National Health Strategy
- » Bulgaria Ranks among Europe's Worst Healthcare Spenders
- » Bulgaria FinMin Downplays Fiscal Benefit of 'Junk Food' Tax Bill
- » 'Junk Food' Tax in Bulgaria Might Range from 3 to 78% - Health Min
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015