Hotels at Bulgaria Ski Resorts Wage Cut-Price War
The fight for tourists has reached fever pitch in Bulgaria's winter resorts, where hotels are offering a range of cut-price deals to lure visitors.
Hotels in Bulgaria's ski resorts hope to attract more tourists from Serbia, Macedonia, Greece and Turkey in January with a 10-15% discount on its prices in a bid to make up for the outflow of Bulgarian visitors.
"Bulgaria's winter and spa resorts were fully packed during the holiday season thanks to the nice weather and attractive price-quality ratio. In January however Bulgarians prefer to stay home and focus on their job," the head of the Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Association Blagoy Ragin commented.
Bulgarian hotels have already mounted their own price-cutting campaigns, which include discounts for accommodation during working days, as well as free of charge massage and spa procedures.
- » Romanians Express Preference for Bulgarian Seaside Resorts
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Vows Single Phone Number for All Hotel Reception Desks
- » Trips of Bulgarians Abroad Rise 1.6% Y/Y in March
- » Increased Number of Bulgarians Vacate Locally
- » Bulgaria, Romania Move to Set Up Joint Tourist Info Center in China
- » Discovery Channel Declares Bulgaria Top Tourist Destination in Europe