Hostage Death Toll in Algeria Climbs to 48
At least 48 hostages are now believed to have died in a four-day siege at Algeria's In Amenas gas plant,
Reports have emerged that the 25 bodies found at the complex on Sunday were all those of captives.
A search is continuing at the In Amenas gas plant, where as many as 20 hostages remain unaccounted for, BBC informs.
Five suspected Islamist attackers were reportedly arrested on Sunday.
The siege ended when troops mounted an assault on Saturday, saying the militants had begun killing foreign hostages.
- » Romania Finalizes Draft of Judiciary Overhaul Criticized by EU
- » Recep Erdogan: 'All Countries Located Close to Turkey are Part of Its Interests'
- » May Might Leave Next Stage of Brexit Bill Until Next Month
- » The European Commission Has Prepared a Series of New Measures Against Terrorism
- » Australia Risks Humanitarian Crisis Over Asylum
- » Russian, Israeli Leaders Discuss Iran Nuclear Program, Syria, Iraq