Hostage Death Toll in Algeria Climbs to 48
At least 48 hostages are now believed to have died in a four-day siege at Algeria's In Amenas gas plant,
Reports have emerged that the 25 bodies found at the complex on Sunday were all those of captives.
A search is continuing at the In Amenas gas plant, where as many as 20 hostages remain unaccounted for, BBC informs.
Five suspected Islamist attackers were reportedly arrested on Sunday.
The siege ended when troops mounted an assault on Saturday, saying the militants had begun killing foreign hostages.
- » Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party Announces New Cabinet
- » Greece Begins Relocation of Migrants from Idomeni Refugee Camp
- » Former Green Leader Achieves Narrow Victory in Austria's Presidential Election
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Calls for Political Solutions to Humanitarian Crises at Istanbul Summit
- » Outcome of Austria’s Presidential Election Hinges on Postal Ballots