Hostage Death Toll in Algeria Climbs to 48
At least 48 hostages are now believed to have died in a four-day siege at Algeria's In Amenas gas plant,
Reports have emerged that the 25 bodies found at the complex on Sunday were all those of captives.
A search is continuing at the In Amenas gas plant, where as many as 20 hostages remain unaccounted for, BBC informs.
Five suspected Islamist attackers were reportedly arrested on Sunday.
The siege ended when troops mounted an assault on Saturday, saying the militants had begun killing foreign hostages.
- » Clashes, Grenade Explosion Take Place Outside Ukraine’s Parliament
- » Bulgaria Police Helping Patrol along Hungary-Serbia Border
- » Authorities Detain Fourth Bulgarian over Dead Migrants Found in Truck in Austria
- » Hungary Completes Fence at Border with Serbia Earlier Than Planned
- » Russia, Germany, France Call for Full Ceasefire in Ukraine Starting on September 1
- » Hundreds of Migrants Feared Dead as Boat Sinks off Libya