Public Ceremony to Mark Start of Obama's 2nd Term
Even though President Barack Obama was formally sworn in for a second four-year term on Sunday, his public inauguration ceremony will take place Monday.
The US Constitution mandates that the US President takes the oath on January 20, but the date falls on a Sunday this year, which means the public inauguration ceremony and festivities will be held on Monday, January 21.
Monday's ceremony is expected to be witnessed by hundreds of thousands of people on the National Mall in downtown Washington, D.C.
In his public inauguration Monday at the US Capitol, he will again lay his hand on the bible used by President Abraham Lincoln at his inauguration in 1861.
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'