Public Ceremony to Mark Start of Obama's 2nd Term
Even though President Barack Obama was formally sworn in for a second four-year term on Sunday, his public inauguration ceremony will take place Monday.
The US Constitution mandates that the US President takes the oath on January 20, but the date falls on a Sunday this year, which means the public inauguration ceremony and festivities will be held on Monday, January 21.
Monday's ceremony is expected to be witnessed by hundreds of thousands of people on the National Mall in downtown Washington, D.C.
In his public inauguration Monday at the US Capitol, he will again lay his hand on the bible used by President Abraham Lincoln at his inauguration in 1861.
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With
- » Air Algerie Plane Wreck Found In Mali
- » Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
- » Missing Air Algerie Passenger Plane with 116 on Board Crashes in Niger
- » Algerian Plane with 110 Passengers On Board Goes Missing