Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Baghdatis Out of Australian Open
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis failed to make it to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
The Colombian tandem topped Marcos Baghdatis and Grigor Dimitrov 7-6(6), 7-6(5) in the third round on Monday.
Neither team faced a break point on serve in the match, but Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah squeaked by in both tie-breaks to advance in one hour and 41 minutes.
As an individual player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
- » Bulgaria Lost First Match Against Latvia in Davis Cup
- » Former Bulgarian Captain Stiliyan Petrov Returns to Aston Villa
- » At Least 110 Bulgarians to Compete in European Games 2015
- » Skiers Speak Out Against FIS Reaction to Dangerous Race Conditions
- » Anna Fenninger Records Second Victory at Ski World Cup in Bansko
- » Bulgaria’s Grigor Dimitrov Drops Out of ATP Top Ten