Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Baghdatis Out of Australian Open
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis failed to make it to the quarter-finals of the Australian Open.
The Colombian tandem topped Marcos Baghdatis and Grigor Dimitrov 7-6(6), 7-6(5) in the third round on Monday.
Neither team faced a break point on serve in the match, but Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah squeaked by in both tie-breaks to advance in one hour and 41 minutes.
As an individual player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
- » CSKA Beats Levski in Bulgarian Derby
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov, Roger Federer Practice Together
- » Bulgaria’s Pironkova Suffers 1st Round Loss in Indian Wells
- » Bulgaria Beats Belarus 2:1 in Friendly Match
- » Bulgarian Stoichkov Enters Daily Mail ‘Top 100 World Cup Heroes’
- » Bulgarian Balakov in Pole Position to Take Over Stuttgart