Obama Officially Begins 2nd Term Sunday
Recently reelected US- President Barack Obama officially begins his second term today, a day ahead of his public swearing in.
Since the US Constitution calls for the president to be sworn in on January 20, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be sworn in for their second terms in relatively quiet ceremonies before they take their public oaths in front of the Capitol on Monday and before an audience spread down the National Mall, CNN has clarified.
Both times, Obama will be sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Obama will become only the 17th US leader to deliver a second inaugural address.
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper
- » IS Purportedly Beheads US Reporter James Foley
- » Ukraine Says 15 Bodies Recovered after Refugee Convoy Attack
- » Ukraine Refugee Convoy 'Hit' by Rockets, Mortars
- » US National Guard Intervenes to Quell Missouri Protests