Obama Officially Begins 2nd Term Sunday
Recently reelected US- President Barack Obama officially begins his second term today, a day ahead of his public swearing in.
Since the US Constitution calls for the president to be sworn in on January 20, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be sworn in for their second terms in relatively quiet ceremonies before they take their public oaths in front of the Capitol on Monday and before an audience spread down the National Mall, CNN has clarified.
Both times, Obama will be sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Obama will become only the 17th US leader to deliver a second inaugural address.
- » Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
- » Israel Resumes Gaza Offensive after Hamas Rocket Attacks
- » Russia's Foreign Ministry Slams New EU Sanctions
- » EU Imposes Sanctions on Russian Intelligence Chiefs
- » German Tourists Bring Hitler Mugs From Bulgaria, Face Court
- » MH17 'Black Box' Data Intact, Not Tampered With