Obama Officially Begins 2nd Term Sunday
Recently reelected US- President Barack Obama officially begins his second term today, a day ahead of his public swearing in.
Since the US Constitution calls for the president to be sworn in on January 20, Obama and Vice President Joe Biden will be sworn in for their second terms in relatively quiet ceremonies before they take their public oaths in front of the Capitol on Monday and before an audience spread down the National Mall, CNN has clarified.
Both times, Obama will be sworn in by Chief Justice John Roberts.
Obama will become only the 17th US leader to deliver a second inaugural address.
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism
- » Juncker Unveils EUR 300 B Investment Plan Ahead of No Confidence Vote
- » Catalonia 'Could Break Away in 18 Months' - President
- » Second Night of Unrest in Ferguson, Protests Held Across US
- » French President Suspends Delivery of First Mistral Warship to Russia
- » Turkey 'in Talks' with Westinghouse on Third NPP