Bulgaria's 'Post-Assassination' Dogan: Gas Pistol against Falcon's Wind
Ahmed "Falcon" Dogan, Bulgaria's liberal-ethnic-Turkish "Movement for Rights and Freedoms" (DPS) chieftain, survived an assassination attempt.
This horrible crime luckily claimed no lives! (Despite efforts by the assassin and DPS activists who beat him!)
Who is responsible?
1)Political enemies? 2)Perpetrator himself, potentially insane or a "new Vlado Chernozemski"? 3)DPS, Dogan himself, who might've staged a better show than Lukoil and the Bulgarian government?
Who benefits most from Dogan's publicly (un)successful assassination?
Leaving aside an assassin's potential personal-psychiatric motives, Dogan and DPS emerge as the top "beneficiaries".
Dogan already sees himself as Rosa Parks on a bus in Selma, Alabama. His enemies (if any) aren't that dumb to make him a hero-martyr for his ethnic-liberal-corruption-minded kind, obliterating his ex-communist-agent's notoriety and strengthening DPS against ex-aide Kasim Dal.
Thus, a potential setup boosting The Falcon's halo and voter support seems very plausible:
Dogan was too lucky: the GAS! pistol at him MISFIRED! before EVERYONE!, and he could crown his successor Lyutvi Mestan with honor.
Whether you believe it a real or fake assassination plot, The Falcon is soaring high, and everybody else is like pointing a gas pistol against the wind.
Who knows what else'll be cooked by the Bulgarian Machiavelli.
- » National Statistical Institute Announced Number of Crimes, Accused Persons and Persons Convicted in 2016
- » Economically Inactive People in Bulgaria: Who are They and How Many are They?
- » Double Standard in Food Products on Western and Eastern European Markets
- » H.E. Irit Lillian, Ambassador of the State of Israel to Bulgaria: ' Valeri Simeonov Should Apologize to All Jewish People'
- » Eurostat: 2750 Asylum-Seekers in Bulgaria in 2016 Were Unaccompanied Minors
- » Prof. Boyan Duranchev: 'Bulgaria Is In a Severe Demographic Catastrophe'