Bulgaria's 'Post-Assassination' Dogan: Gas Pistol against Falcon's Wind
Ahmed "Falcon" Dogan, Bulgaria's liberal-ethnic-Turkish "Movement for Rights and Freedoms" (DPS) chieftain, survived an assassination attempt.
This horrible crime luckily claimed no lives! (Despite efforts by the assassin and DPS activists who beat him!)
Who is responsible?
1)Political enemies? 2)Perpetrator himself, potentially insane or a "new Vlado Chernozemski"? 3)DPS, Dogan himself, who might've staged a better show than Lukoil and the Bulgarian government?
Who benefits most from Dogan's publicly (un)successful assassination?
Leaving aside an assassin's potential personal-psychiatric motives, Dogan and DPS emerge as the top "beneficiaries".
Dogan already sees himself as Rosa Parks on a bus in Selma, Alabama. His enemies (if any) aren't that dumb to make him a hero-martyr for his ethnic-liberal-corruption-minded kind, obliterating his ex-communist-agent's notoriety and strengthening DPS against ex-aide Kasim Dal.
Thus, a potential setup boosting The Falcon's halo and voter support seems very plausible:
Dogan was too lucky: the GAS! pistol at him MISFIRED! before EVERYONE!, and he could crown his successor Lyutvi Mestan with honor.
Whether you believe it a real or fake assassination plot, The Falcon is soaring high, and everybody else is like pointing a gas pistol against the wind.
Who knows what else'll be cooked by the Bulgarian Machiavelli.
- » Solomon Passy: EU, NATO Need to Incorporate Macedonia
- » 'Macedonians Only Wish to Live Normally'
- » Marinela Petreska: Anti-Gruevski Sentiment in Macedonia Runs High
- » Turkish Stream to Make Turkey “Middleman for Europe’s Energy Buyers”
- » Macedonia: Imagining the Unimaginable about Kumanovo
- » Protests Highlight Need for Change in EU Candidate Macedonia, MEP Says