Bulgaria Socalists 'Appalled' by Opposition Leader Assassination Attempt
The opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party have issued a statement of strong condemnation of Saturday's assassination attempt against Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan.
"What happened cannot be downplayed. This is an assault on democracy in Bulgaria and against everyone in Bulgaria," said the Socialists.
"We are deeply alarmed at the processes going on in society and at the possible destabilization of the country," added the leftist party.
Dogan remained unharmed in the incident at the MRF congress Saturday, after the attacker's hand gun misfired.
"Long fanned hatred and agression against one's political oponents are now giving their ugly effects. We must all resolutely rise against them," stated the Socialists.
The Bulgarian Socialist Party further calls on authorities to carry out a swift and precise investigation on the circumstances that led to the incident.
- » Council of Europe Presented a Migration Report on Bulgaria
- » Bomb Alert Near the Presidency was False (Updated)
- » Restrictions on 'Struma' Motorway
- » Police Received a Signal For Bomb Alert Near the Presidency
- » From Today, the Traffic in Downtown Sofia is Changing Due to Construction of the Subway
- » Parliament Passed Amendments to the Tourism Act