Bulgaria Socalists 'Appalled' by Opposition Leader Assassination Attempt
The opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party have issued a statement of strong condemnation of Saturday's assassination attempt against Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan.
"What happened cannot be downplayed. This is an assault on democracy in Bulgaria and against everyone in Bulgaria," said the Socialists.
"We are deeply alarmed at the processes going on in society and at the possible destabilization of the country," added the leftist party.
Dogan remained unharmed in the incident at the MRF congress Saturday, after the attacker's hand gun misfired.
"Long fanned hatred and agression against one's political oponents are now giving their ugly effects. We must all resolutely rise against them," stated the Socialists.
The Bulgarian Socialist Party further calls on authorities to carry out a swift and precise investigation on the circumstances that led to the incident.
- » No Injured Bulgarians in the Terror Attack in Barcelona
- » No Evidence of Infected Eggs and Products With Fipronil on Bulgarian Market
- » Prosecutor’s Office Inspects Noise Levels at Black Sea Resorts
- » Bulgaria will Collect BGN 1.5b per Year From Cargo Vehicles with the New Toll System
- » Bulgarian PM: 'Valeri Simeonov Acts Within What the Law Says'
- » Merchants Offer Dangerous Sunglasses