Graham Watson: Bulgaria PM Is Like Shiny Boeing Dreamliner
ALDE leader Graham Watson praised Bulgarian liberal opposition leader Ahmed Dogan at the expense of PM Boyko Borisov after an unsuccessful attempt on Dogan's life Saturday.
The EU Liberals leader is in Sofia for Dogan's Movement for Rights and Freedoms congress, where he witnessed the dramatic assassination attempt against Dogan.
The European liberal leader denounced the act, linking it to a perceived failure of rule of law in Bulgaria.
"Liberals have become increasingly concerned about freedom and the rule of law under PM Boyko Borisov. The EU may need to mobilize to put the country back on track," said Watson.
"Borisov reminds me of the new Boeing Dreamliner - everything looks perfect, it has a wonderful vision, but all too soon you find out that it has huge problems with security and must be decomissioned," quipped the liberal.
"Given this, I prefer Ahmed Dogan's Airbus to Borisov's Boeing," added Watson.
He wished the Movement for Rights and Freedoms success in upcoming general elections in Bulgaria over the summer, and in 2014 European Parliament elections.
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: Europe's Stability and Future Goes Through the European Perspective and the Connectivity of the Western Balkans
- » Bulgarian PM: Bulgarian People Continue to Believe in the EU
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister: No New Recommendations From EC, Great Progress has been Made
- » EC Report: Bulgaria has Made Progress, but Still More Work is Needed
- » Frans Timmermans: We See Progress in Many Areas in Bulgaria, but Still More Work is Needed
- » EU Commissioner Maria Gabriel: Open Dialogue is the Key to Solving the "Fake News"
sa-sha: ALDE Leader Is Like Sly But Offended Goat
Mr.Watson is offended with Russian Leaders taking him (with his permanent "concern" about "democracy in Russia") for the chatterer, with declining his offer to prohibit Sochi as Winter Olympics-2014'capital, but he's very sly, indeed: He can't but know that "Movement for Rights and Freedoms" Party merely should not exist, since its existence is in the flagrant contradiction with the Bulgarian Constitution (1991?), which explicitly prohibits to form political parties on the basis of racial, religious or ethnic affiliations... So, he knows, сука [~sly politician], but still he "praises Bulgarian liberal opposition leader Ahmed Dogan", he "wished the Movement for Rights and Freedoms success in upcoming general elections in Bulgaria and in 2014 European Parliament elections[!!!]"... without mentioning his desire (кучка once again) "to put the country [BG] back on track"...................Bevare Sly Goats, Bulgaria.