Bulgarian President Denounces Attempt against Key Politician
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev has resolutely denounced Saturday's assassination attempt against Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan.
"The President deplores all attempts on the life and health of Bulgarian citizens and expresses his firm conviction that circumstances surrounding the evnts will be swiftly clarified," stated Plevneliev's office.
The President has had a phone call with Dogan, learning that the leader has been left unharmed and wishing him a swift recovery from the stress.
"Such an act is inadmissible in a democratic country," stressed Plevneliev.
"Bulgarian society is traditionally renown with its tolerance, with the mutual acceptance and respect amongst different ethnicities and religions," added he.
- » The Ombudsman Wants Citizens to be Able to Challenge Prices of Electricity, Heating and Gas,
- » Part of Sofia is out of Water Because of a New Channel and Repairs
- » The Movement Around the National Palace of Culture will be Difficult
- » The Monument of Buzludzha is Among the Seven Most Endangered in Europe
- » Bulgaria's Jobless Rate Edges Down m/m in Feb
- » Bulgaria Provides EUR 200,000 to Support Refugees from Syria