Assaulted Dogan Returns to Turkish-Bulgarian Party Conference
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan has returned to the party conference after an unsuccessful attempt on his life.
He was greeted with standing ovation by delegates.
Dogan's keynote speech for the national congress was interrupted by a man who walked on stage with a hand gun.
The leader evaded the attack after a misfire of the weapon, after which the assaulter was tackled by delegates.
Dogan has taken a seat next to vice-chair Lyutvi Mestan.
His speech is being read out by MRF MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
According to copies of the speech available to some Bulgarian media, Dogan will announce his resignation in it.
- » Left-wing Parties in Bulgaria Unable to Propose Joint Presidential Nomination - Analyst
- » Bulgaria Takes to Court Three Syrians on Charges of Terrorism
- » Second Straw Poll on UN Top Job Candidates Next Week
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Choose from Three Dates for 2016 Presidential Elections
- » Bulgaria's ABV: Leader, ex-President Should Run Again
- » Bulgaria Took Back 400 Migrants from EU in A Year