Assaulted Dogan Returns to Turkish-Bulgarian Party Conference
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan has returned to the party conference after an unsuccessful attempt on his life.
He was greeted with standing ovation by delegates.
Dogan's keynote speech for the national congress was interrupted by a man who walked on stage with a hand gun.
The leader evaded the attack after a misfire of the weapon, after which the assaulter was tackled by delegates.
Dogan has taken a seat next to vice-chair Lyutvi Mestan.
His speech is being read out by MRF MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
According to copies of the speech available to some Bulgarian media, Dogan will announce his resignation in it.
- » Bulgarian Government Establishes National Anti-Corruption Council
- » Bulgarian Socialist Opposition Refuses Heading Constitutional Changes Committee
- » Bulgaria Customs Head to Manage Kapitan Andreevo Border Crossing
- » Bulgaria Might Have to Print Local Vote Ballot Papers in Romania
- » Citizens of Bulgaria's Garmen Hold Peaceful Protest Against Illegal Buildings, Thefts
- » MPs Meet First Nominee for Governor of Bulgarian National Bank