Assaulted Dogan Returns to Turkish-Bulgarian Party Conference
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan has returned to the party conference after an unsuccessful attempt on his life.
He was greeted with standing ovation by delegates.
Dogan's keynote speech for the national congress was interrupted by a man who walked on stage with a hand gun.
The leader evaded the attack after a misfire of the weapon, after which the assaulter was tackled by delegates.
Dogan has taken a seat next to vice-chair Lyutvi Mestan.
His speech is being read out by MRF MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
According to copies of the speech available to some Bulgarian media, Dogan will announce his resignation in it.
- » Bulgaria is Well Prepared for Greek Bank Crisis, Foreign Minister Mitov says
- » Five Illegal Residential Buildings Demolished in Bulgaria’s Garmen
- » Roma People Start Demolishing Illegal Residences Themselves
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 1.5 B to Boost Employment by 2% in 2003-2011
- » Demolition of Illegal Roma Buildings to Begin in Bulgaria's Garmen
- » Small Bulgarian Municipalities to Be Included in Special Investment Program for Lagging Regions