Assaulted Dogan Returns to Turkish-Bulgarian Party Conference
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms leader Ahmed Dogan has returned to the party conference after an unsuccessful attempt on his life.
He was greeted with standing ovation by delegates.
Dogan's keynote speech for the national congress was interrupted by a man who walked on stage with a hand gun.
The leader evaded the attack after a misfire of the weapon, after which the assaulter was tackled by delegates.
Dogan has taken a seat next to vice-chair Lyutvi Mestan.
His speech is being read out by MRF MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
According to copies of the speech available to some Bulgarian media, Dogan will announce his resignation in it.
- » Bulgarian Trade Union Seeks Minimum Wage Increase to BGN 400
- » KTB Majority Shareholder to Demand Int'l Expertise on Bank Insolvency
- » Bulgaria PM Renews Calls on C-Bank Governor to Resign
- » Coalition Partners to Negotiate over Controversial Appointment
- » Bulgaria is Starting to Emerge from 2-year Political Chaos – Right-Wing Leader
- » Bulgarian Politicians Renew Dispute over Turkish-Language News