Prosecutor: Assaulter of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Was Badly Beaten
The assaulter who attempted to kill Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms party Ahmed Dogan was beaten into "bad shape", according to prosecutor Nikolay Kokinov.
Kokinov spoke for media after the incident, which Dogan escaped unharmed, and said he had already talked to the attacker.
"He was not in a good shape, there was blood on his face," stated the Sofia City Prosecutor.
Kanal 3 TV footage live from the event showed how Movement delegates fall upon and mercilessly beat the attacker.
"He told us his version about what motivated him, but I will not discuss it at this point," said Kokinov.
- » Maya Manolova Elected Bulgaria's National Ombudsman
- » Anti-Corruption Inspectorate to Be Established at Bulgaria’s Customs Agency
- » Five Bulgarian MPs to Quit Party Group
- » Bulgaria PM 'Utterly Disappointed' with Referendum Questions
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Elect New Ombudsman
- » Bulgarian Parliament Approves Pension Reform at Second Reading