Turkish-Bulgarian Party Congress Halted after Assault on Leader
The hall in which Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms party was having its national congress has been evacuated by police after the assassiation attempt against leader Ahmed Dogan.
Security personnel are to inspect the scene of the crime and to search the premises for a bomb.
It is yet not clear whether the national congress, expected to re-elect longtime leader Dogan, will continue after 3 pm EET.
In the incident, Dogan was attacked with a hand gun by a man who walked on stage as Dogan was delivering his speech.
The leader was rescued unharmed, and the attacker has been detained, not before being severely physically abused by delegates.
- » Syrian Refugee Faces Deportation From Cardiff to Bulgaria
- » Moscow says Bulgaria’s Parliament Recognizes Russian Threat Upon Foreign Instructions
- » Parliament Rejected the Presidential Veto on the Defense Act
- » Georgi Cholakov is the New Chairman of the Supreme Administrative Court
- » Vidin - Calafat Danube Bridge Will be Temporarily Closed
- » No Agreement on Role of Proposed Anticorruption Body