Turkish-Bulgarian Party Congress Halted after Assault on Leader
The hall in which Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms party was having its national congress has been evacuated by police after the assassiation attempt against leader Ahmed Dogan.
Security personnel are to inspect the scene of the crime and to search the premises for a bomb.
It is yet not clear whether the national congress, expected to re-elect longtime leader Dogan, will continue after 3 pm EET.
In the incident, Dogan was attacked with a hand gun by a man who walked on stage as Dogan was delivering his speech.
The leader was rescued unharmed, and the attacker has been detained, not before being severely physically abused by delegates.
- » The Price of Water is Rising in 14 Regions of the Country
- » Police Trade Unions Will Protest Before Christmas
- » Water and Energy Regulatory Commission Decides on the Final Increasing Price of water in 14 Districts Since January 1
- » Unified Security System Will be Presented Today in Sofia
- » International Report: A Large Part of Islamic State's Weapons are Bulgarian
- » MPs will Discuss the State Debt of the Country