Gas Handgun Attacker of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Identified
Bulgarian police have identified the man who attacked Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan at the party's congress Saturday.
The man is Oktay Enimehmedov, a 25-year-old resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
However, we was present at the congress as an official delegates. He is also a student at one of the universities in Sofia.
Police have stated that he carried on him a gas hand gun and two knives.
The attacker walked on stage as Dogan was delivering a speech and pointed the gun at his face, but failed to shoot.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was rescued unharmed, while the attacker was severely beaten by MRF delegates.
- » Bulgaria Nationalist MP Siderov Faces Hooliganism, Bodily Harm Charges
- » Bulgaria's Customs Officers Bust 11.5 Tonnes Contraband Tobacco
- » Bulgaria's Common Crime Op Results in 26% Crime Drop – IM
- » 2008 Case over Fake Signature of Ex Sofia Mayor Borisov Enters Court
- » Bulgaria Police Find DNA Evidence of Organizer of Burgas Bus Bombing
- » 2 Masked Men Rob Bank Office in Bulgaria's Yambol