Gas Handgun Attacker of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Identified
Bulgarian police have identified the man who attacked Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan at the party's congress Saturday.
The man is Oktay Enimehmedov, a 25-year-old resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
However, we was present at the congress as an official delegates. He is also a student at one of the universities in Sofia.
Police have stated that he carried on him a gas hand gun and two knives.
The attacker walked on stage as Dogan was delivering a speech and pointed the gun at his face, but failed to shoot.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was rescued unharmed, while the attacker was severely beaten by MRF delegates.
- » Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
- » Tax Crimes in Bulgaria on the Rise
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website