Gas Handgun Attacker of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Identified
Bulgarian police have identified the man who attacked Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan at the party's congress Saturday.
The man is Oktay Enimehmedov, a 25-year-old resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
However, we was present at the congress as an official delegates. He is also a student at one of the universities in Sofia.
Police have stated that he carried on him a gas hand gun and two knives.
The attacker walked on stage as Dogan was delivering a speech and pointed the gun at his face, but failed to shoot.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was rescued unharmed, while the attacker was severely beaten by MRF delegates.
- » Bulgaria's Interim PM Appears in Court as Applicant
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency Seizes 8,000 L of Dyed Fuel
- » Trafficking of 30 Endangered Jaco Parrots Prevented at Bulgarian Border
- » Bulgarians Sentenced in France over Gas Pump Skimming Attempt
- » Police Destroys Almost 10 T Of Cannabis Near Petrich
- » Sofia Court Delays Ruling on Anti-Putin Activist’s Extradition