Gas Handgun Attacker of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Identified
Bulgarian police have identified the man who attacked Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan at the party's congress Saturday.
The man is Oktay Enimehmedov, a 25-year-old resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
However, we was present at the congress as an official delegates. He is also a student at one of the universities in Sofia.
Police have stated that he carried on him a gas hand gun and two knives.
The attacker walked on stage as Dogan was delivering a speech and pointed the gun at his face, but failed to shoot.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was rescued unharmed, while the attacker was severely beaten by MRF delegates.
- » Man, 64, 'shot his 42-year-old wife in Sofia
- » Daughter of Tsvetan Vassilev Charged with Money Laundering
- » 1658 Liters of Illegal Alcohol was Detained on the Black Sea Coast
- » Macedonian Customs Officers Detained Bulgarian Car with 22kg Marijuana
- » A British Court Sentenced Bulgarian Heroin Trafficker to 14 Years in Prison
- » A US Student will go to Jail Because of Faked Voter Lists