Gas Handgun Attacker of Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Identified
Bulgarian police have identified the man who attacked Movement for Rights and Freedoms party leader Ahmed Dogan at the party's congress Saturday.
The man is Oktay Enimehmedov, a 25-year-old resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
However, we was present at the congress as an official delegates. He is also a student at one of the universities in Sofia.
Police have stated that he carried on him a gas hand gun and two knives.
The attacker walked on stage as Dogan was delivering a speech and pointed the gun at his face, but failed to shoot.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was rescued unharmed, while the attacker was severely beaten by MRF delegates.
- » Bulgarian Woman and her Two Children were Killed in Canada
- » Young Family was Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Armed Man Robbed a Casino in Sofia
- » 2 Men Sentenced in Germany For Art Forgery Scheme
- » Customs Detained More than 4000 False Labels of World-Famous Brands
- » Six People Died in Clashes in a Bolivian Prison