Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Assaulted with Gun at Party Congress
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms longtime leader Ahmed Dogan has been assaulted by a man carrying a hand gun at the party congress in Sofia Saturday.
Dogan was attacked by the man while delivering his strategic speech at the Movment's national convention, set to elect the party's leader.
Dogan is reported to have been rescued unharmed from the grave incident.
The assaulter was carrying a small hand gun, which he pointed at the party leader.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was brought down to the ground, but security quickly rescued him.
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
- » Bulgaria’s Border Police Breakes Up Criminal Group Manufacturing Counterfeit Identification Documents
- » Airports and Nuclear Power Stations on Terror Alert