Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Assaulted with Gun at Party Congress
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms longtime leader Ahmed Dogan has been assaulted by a man carrying a hand gun at the party congress in Sofia Saturday.
Dogan was attacked by the man while delivering his strategic speech at the Movment's national convention, set to elect the party's leader.
Dogan is reported to have been rescued unharmed from the grave incident.
The assaulter was carrying a small hand gun, which he pointed at the party leader.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was brought down to the ground, but security quickly rescued him.
- » Bulgarian Court Leaves Len Homeniuk Under House Arrest, New Extradition Hearing Set for Sept 16
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detained 243 Human Traffickers in First Half of Year
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Man over Austria Migrant Deaths
- » Suspected Jihadists Detained at Bulgaria Border 'Linked to IS'
- » Human Smuggling in Bulgaria Is Punishable by Ridiculous Fines - Foreign Minister