Turkish-Bulgarian Leader Assaulted with Gun at Party Congress
Bulgarian Movement for Rights and Freedoms longtime leader Ahmed Dogan has been assaulted by a man carrying a hand gun at the party congress in Sofia Saturday.
Dogan was attacked by the man while delivering his strategic speech at the Movment's national convention, set to elect the party's leader.
Dogan is reported to have been rescued unharmed from the grave incident.
The assaulter was carrying a small hand gun, which he pointed at the party leader.
A skirmish ensued, during which Dogan was brought down to the ground, but security quickly rescued him.
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
- » Tax Agency Employee Murdered in Bulgaria's Capital
- » Bulgarian Prostitution Ring Busted by Spanish Police
- » Police Seize 3600kg of Cannabis from Fields in SW Bulgaria
- » Heroin Worth BGN 3M Seized at Bulgarian – Turkish Border