UK Special Forces on Alert over Algeria Hostage Crisis
UK PM David Cameron has ordered a mobilization of UK army special units on readiness to intervene in the hostage crisis in Algeria.
UK citizens are among those who were taken hostages by Al Qaeda militant at a natural gas facility in Wednesday, with some UK citizens killed during the attack by the Algerian security forces.
The Algerian operation gathered international criticism for being performed without warning and leading to the deaths of some 42 hostages.
Over 600 hostages at the In Amenas facility are reported to have been freed, with key militant 'Signed-in-Blood' leaders claimed killed.
Militants have requested a cessation of the French intervention in Mali, as well as freeing of suspected terrorists from arrest in the US.
- » Russian Navy Ships Conduct Drills In English Channel
- » Pope Francis To Arrive in Turkey on 3-Day Official Visit
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected As Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament
- » Bulgaria, Romania Citizens Help Fuel Rise in UK Net Migration
- » UK's Main Parties Agree to Grant More Powers to Scotland