UK Special Forces on Alert over Algeria Hostage Crisis
UK PM David Cameron has ordered a mobilization of UK army special units on readiness to intervene in the hostage crisis in Algeria.
UK citizens are among those who were taken hostages by Al Qaeda militant at a natural gas facility in Wednesday, with some UK citizens killed during the attack by the Algerian security forces.
The Algerian operation gathered international criticism for being performed without warning and leading to the deaths of some 42 hostages.
Over 600 hostages at the In Amenas facility are reported to have been freed, with key militant 'Signed-in-Blood' leaders claimed killed.
Militants have requested a cessation of the French intervention in Mali, as well as freeing of suspected terrorists from arrest in the US.
- » Rising Tension Between US, North Korea over Controversial Movie, Cyber Attack
- » Tunisians Elect Their First Post-Arab Spring President
- » Klaus Iohannis: Romania Should Stun World with Transformation
- » Russian Humanitarian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine's Donbass
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan