Dimitrov, Baghdatis Make It to Australian Open 3rd Round
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis made a winning battle at the Australian Open men's doubles 2nd round and have advanced to the next turn of the top tennis tournament.
Dimitrov and Baghdatis beat the number 4 double of Belarusian Max Mirnyi and Romanian Horia Tecau, 3:6, 6:3, 6:2.
In a contested match that lasted for 86 minutes Mirnyi and Tecau took the decisive lead in the first set.
The Bulgarian and Cypriot however came back in the game for the second set, crushing their adversary and paving their way to winning the match.
At the Australian Open's thrid round, Dimitrov and Baghdatis will play against the Colombian double of Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah.
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet lalova-Collio Comes 7th in 200m World Final
- » Serie A Newcomer Signs Bulgarian Winger Aleksandar Tonev
- » Bulgaria’s Ivet Lalova-Collio Books Spot in Women’s 200m Final in Beijing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Remains Undefeated in St. Louis
- » Bulgaria’s Lalova-Collio Qualifies for Women’s 200m Semi-finals in Bejing
- » Bulgaria's Chess Grandmaster Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership in St. Louis