Dimitrov, Baghdatis Make It to Australian Open 3rd Round
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis made a winning battle at the Australian Open men's doubles 2nd round and have advanced to the next turn of the top tennis tournament.
Dimitrov and Baghdatis beat the number 4 double of Belarusian Max Mirnyi and Romanian Horia Tecau, 3:6, 6:3, 6:2.
In a contested match that lasted for 86 minutes Mirnyi and Tecau took the decisive lead in the first set.
The Bulgarian and Cypriot however came back in the game for the second set, crushing their adversary and paving their way to winning the match.
At the Australian Open's thrid round, Dimitrov and Baghdatis will play against the Colombian double of Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah.
- » Legendary Martin Petrov to Retire in Summer
- » Ferrer Eliminates Dimitrov from Monte Carlo Masters
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov to Face Third Consecutive Spaniard
- » Bulgaria Bids to Host Homeless World Cup 2016
- » Difficult, But Successful Start for Dimitrov in Monte Carlo
- » Georgi Mladenov Becomes Bulgaria’s National Basketball Coach