Dimitrov, Baghdatis Make It to Australian Open 3rd Round
Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov and Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis made a winning battle at the Australian Open men's doubles 2nd round and have advanced to the next turn of the top tennis tournament.
Dimitrov and Baghdatis beat the number 4 double of Belarusian Max Mirnyi and Romanian Horia Tecau, 3:6, 6:3, 6:2.
In a contested match that lasted for 86 minutes Mirnyi and Tecau took the decisive lead in the first set.
The Bulgarian and Cypriot however came back in the game for the second set, crushing their adversary and paving their way to winning the match.
At the Australian Open's thrid round, Dimitrov and Baghdatis will play against the Colombian double of Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah.
- » Bulgarian Makes 4133 Sit-ups in Attempt to Break Guinness Record
- » Rain Suspends Roland Garros 1/8 Final Between Pironkova, Radwanska
- » Bulgaria Wins Two Gold Medals at Rhythmic Gymnastics World Cup Held in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Her First 1/8 Final at Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros