Jealousy Most Likely Motive for Bulgarian Women's Murder in Berlin
A Turkish national, living in Berlin, is about the face murder charges after shooting dead his ex-flame and her sister.
Torrid jealously has triggered the cold-blooded carnage at a café shop in Berlin, local media say, confirming earlier reports.
The murder occurred on Wednesday at a banitza shop, which the Bulgarians had recently opened in the German capital.
The murderer, 33-year-old Mehmed Y, is of Turkish origin and had an intimate relationship with one of the victims, police said.
He pulled a pistol out of his jacket pocket and fired eight bullets following a dispute with his former girlfriend Nura, also aged 33. The lethal shots were in the victims' head.
Mehmed was arrested on the scene of the crime after a shocked visitor at the shop called the police.
- » Former Police Chief of Bulgaria's Tran Arrested on Suspicions of Trafficking Refugees
- » Sunny Beach Shooting 'Done by Criminal Gang'
- » Escaped Prisoner Detained in Bulgaria's Silistra After Shootout with Police
- » IS Group Suspected of Carrying out Terror Attack at Istanbul’s Ataturk Airport
- » Turkish President Condemns Ataturk Airport Terror Attack
- » Death Toll Rises to 36 in Istanbul's Ataturk Airport Suicide Bombing