Jealousy Most Likely Motive for Bulgarian Women's Murder in Berlin
A Turkish national, living in Berlin, is about the face murder charges after shooting dead his ex-flame and her sister.
Torrid jealously has triggered the cold-blooded carnage at a café shop in Berlin, local media say, confirming earlier reports.
The murder occurred on Wednesday at a banitza shop, which the Bulgarians had recently opened in the German capital.
The murderer, 33-year-old Mehmed Y, is of Turkish origin and had an intimate relationship with one of the victims, police said.
He pulled a pistol out of his jacket pocket and fired eight bullets following a dispute with his former girlfriend Nura, also aged 33. The lethal shots were in the victims' head.
Mehmed was arrested on the scene of the crime after a shocked visitor at the shop called the police.
- » Operation Imperium Busts Bulgarian Fake Payment Cards Group
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking