Jealousy Most Likely Motive for Bulgarian Women's Murder in Berlin
A Turkish national, living in Berlin, is about the face murder charges after shooting dead his ex-flame and her sister.
Torrid jealously has triggered the cold-blooded carnage at a café shop in Berlin, local media say, confirming earlier reports.
The murder occurred on Wednesday at a banitza shop, which the Bulgarians had recently opened in the German capital.
The murderer, 33-year-old Mehmed Y, is of Turkish origin and had an intimate relationship with one of the victims, police said.
He pulled a pistol out of his jacket pocket and fired eight bullets following a dispute with his former girlfriend Nura, also aged 33. The lethal shots were in the victims' head.
Mehmed was arrested on the scene of the crime after a shocked visitor at the shop called the police.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year